Chapter 15: Fishy Overreactions

Edited (25/12/19)
Hey, so I'm just gonna say I hate this chapter the most like when I wrote it, it was just to introduce shit but really it was awful.
But on a nicer note, this chapter is where I reached 100 reads and that's insane that I've now got 201k reads for a book I was doing for shits and giggles. So thank you guys so much I love you and I hope you continue to enjoy Cydney's adventures xxx
—————————
Once the pancake fiasco ended I finished my breakfast while Gunner and the other random people in the room stared at me like I was an alien, which would make a lot of sense but I'm like 2% positive I'm not. As soon as the last bite of food was successfully swallowed Gunner sighs dramatically "Finally! I thought we'd be here forever! Come on gremlin child." He grabs my arm and starts dragging me out the kitchen and down a normal hallway before stopping at a door that I didn't notice, mostly because it was like every other door in the hallway but once you stand in front of it you get this weird feeling and the voice in your head is just screaming 'Don't open the door! You will die!' So, of course, I have to go inside, which idiot doesn't go looking behind the ominous door that most likely held cacti chained to walls.

Syd: Almost positive that a group of killers won't have cacti chained to the wall.
Cyd: But you're not completely positive!
Syd: Yeah because I know you and you taught me that just cause they breathe like humans don't mean they're normal.
Cyd: I can't believe I taught you something! *tearing up while gushing*
Syd: *facepalms*

Gunner turns to me and narrows his eyes at me before getting a key from his waistband with the ultimate flare and shoving it int the keyhole all while giving me suspicious glances like I was some kind of super-spy and I was stealing secrets to take back to my evil mastermind person. Of course, what they don't know is that I'm the evil mastermind and they're just playing into my trap!!!! Muhahahahahahaha

Syd: I worry for you so much *shakes head disappointedly*

Gunner eventually opens the spooky door, he goes to say something but instead shrugs to himself and shoves my inside and slamming the door behind him, I hear the loud 'click' of the lock as I stand in the darkness. "I can't see." I don't know who I was talking to but hopefully, someone useful would answer.

Syd: Wow. Really? I thought there was the sun shining, lighting our way!

"I said someone useful" I mumble before replying to Syd "Syd there are no windows. Are you okay?"

Syd: *Facepalms* Sarcasm Cydney, sarcasm.

"Suuure *wink wink* I know what you mean."

Syd: The heck you winking about?!

"Oh, nothing *wink wink* Your secrets safe with me. *wink wink*

Syd: What secret?!

"Exactly. *wink wink nudge nudge*"

Syd: Stop winking you look like an epileptic squirrel.

"How do you know, you live in my head?"

Syd: Just cuz you weirdo. Now let's get out of here. Or find a light switch.

"Okay." I take a few deep breaths and bounce on my heels as those boxers do before a fight. I imagined I was in a game show where I had to go down spooky stairs to win a prize of some sort that is pretty meaningless. The host stood to my right in a fancy suit with slick backed hair and billion-watt smile. "Okay Cydney, for your final test you must walk down this dark corridor, at the end you'll get your prize and win a million cookies."
I take a deep breath and nod to the host with a look of determination on my face which of course no one can see as its dark but it's still there