Chapter 42: the Escape

(14/04/2022)
Guys getting back into writing again is so difficult!!!!
---------------
Cydney's POV

I go to move once again but I was kinda glued to Deedee's side I just look over at Skittles and Gunner and shrug my shoulders. It's not like I'm in any trouble but the worried look on both of their faces was making me uncomfortable I didn't like it one bit.
"Um, Deedee?" I poke his chest gaining his attention which was trained on the guys he stares at me blank-faced but I knew he was listening to he always listened to me. "What happened? Was there a party? Why didn't you invite me? Was it a surprise party? For me? I bet it was. I mean who else would you throw a party for? You don't have friends. Unless you count Pasta but he's weird you don't want a best friend like that-" I was full-on rambling which was only cut off by Deedee shoving his hand over my mouth.
He takes a deep breath and then lets it out nice and slow before turning toward my bestie. And you know Gunner too.
"Cydney do you know these cretins?" His voice was low and held a dangerous ring to them I wonder why he's moody?
I double tap his hand that was still over my mouth and he slowly removes his hand and places it on my shoulder. I clear my throat "Yeah of course I know them! This is Skittles," I say pointing at him "he's the best he lets me sleep in his bed it's way comfier than my own!" I then turn to Gunner and pull a face "oh and that's Gunner he's an idiot." I say rolling my eyes.

"Wow! Just wow! I came all this way to rescue your bitchy ass and you insult me?!" Gunner exclaims his hand over his heart as if I wounded him. I hope I did, he's the worst. He gets a slap upside the head by Skittles which makes me giggle I love seeing Gunner in pain. "We are staring death in the face and you seem like it's nothing?!" Skittles whisper yells at Gunner before taking a deep breath and shaking his head. "You know what fuck it!" He mumbles before staring straight into Deedee's eyes "Whatever you want with Cydney just forget it she's too screwed up in the head just give her back to us so we can look after her."

Syd: Did he just call us crazy?
Cyd: No he called us screwed up.
Syd: Thanks a lot smart arse.
Cyd: You're welcome!
Syd: why me? *looks to the heavens*

"And who are you to claim her" Deedee replies looking blankly at him I just look between the two of them wondering what the frick frack snick snack is going on.
"We're her family," Skittles says without hesitation. Deedee stares for a moment before he laughs a deep belly wrenching laugh. Why is he laughing? I don't know but I might as well laugh too! I start my giggle fit but it ended too soon when Deedee suddenly stands up straight his face void of emotion.
"Well, that's a shame because I'm her brother and I don't take kindly to strangers kidnapping her from her school." His voice was ice cold and the hand on my shoulder tightens just a smidge enough to know he wasn't very happy at all.

There was a split second where Skittles and Gunner looked at each other before Skittle throws a knife near my head Deedee pushes me out of the way Gunner launches himself at me and grabs my hand while Skittles and Deedee attack each other. Before I can understand what is happening Gunner drags me out of the room and we snake through the corridors running around other people who were also in mid-battle or dead bodies scattered across the floor or slumped on the ground. I was struggling to keep up but Gunner wasn't letting go or slowing down so I just continued to trip over my feet as we fled the building. Soon enough we were standing at a group of cars, Gunner fiddled with his keys before unlocking the car door and throwing me inside the car before running over to the other side of the car and getting in the car roared to life and in seconds we were speeding down the road.

It was silent for a long time

Syd: it's been 5 minutes.
Cyd: Pish posh!

So I decided to start a conversation with Gunner even though I didn't want to but he needs the social interaction the poor dumb baby.
"Hey, Gunner?" His face was blank and his hand on the steering wheel were white from holding on too tight. I don't get more than a hum in response but I continue anyway "why did we Skittles attack Deedee?" I cock my head to the side in thought I had no idea what was going on for the past few days but I guess that's my fault for not paying attention.
"Seriously Cydney?!" Gunner exclaims I just scrunch my face in confusion he took a quick look at me flexing his fingers slightly on the steering wheel "That is Dan Rose! One of the if not the most dangerous man on the planet and he's your brother! A man that uh punished you!" I jump a little as Gunner smashes his fist against the steering wheel in frustration I just blink at him before laughing.
"Stupid Gunner Deedee didn't punish me! That was John's job!" I say between giggles.

Syd: This has been very confusing I'm still confused actually. Like where did Ashton and Gunner come from? Or maybe what was that explosion?! Ugh, I need a nap and a pay rise.
Cyd: You have a job?!
Syd: *rolls eyes* yes Cydney I have a job. *mumbles* fucking idiot.
Cyd: Rude!
Syd: Don't blame me for your stupidity.
Cyd: I'm not stupid you're stupid!
Syd: *checks nails* sure Hunny whatever you say.

Gunner looks over at me like I grew another head (which I double-checked and I hadn't)
"You mean you have two brothers?" His face was pale and he kinda looked sick

Cyd: What if he dies?! How will I get home then?!

"Well duh. Of course, I have two brothers I have mentioned this multiple times you know"
"Cydney you have only mentioned your family once and even then you didn't mention that Dan Rose is your brother!!!" Gunner says almost shouting near the end his breathing erratic.
"Damn Gunner take a chill pill who ate your cookies today?" Gunner just sighs staring at the road mumbling to himself.

Benny's (Gunner) POV

It was getting dark and I and Cydney were almost home she was fast asleep no doubt tired after being kidnapped she looked fine apart from a few scrapes and bruises nothing that won't heal. I was tapping my fingers to a song on the radio not paying attention to the road I was scared that I left Ashton to defend himself from someone who was the leader of the underground I haven't had a phone call or even a text message from anyone who went with us that means two things they're either dead or they're captives. Boss is not going to like this.

I pulled into the long winding drive parking the car and just sat back in the seat for a second eyes closed thinking of all the things that could have gone wrong how I'm going to have to tell the people I consider family that I left a man that I classify as my brother to the hands of that monster. I don't know what I'm going to do and how I will face anybody but I made a promise to Ashton to make sure Cydney got home safe and that is what I did. Please let someone hear my prayers let Ashton be alright.
———————
(20/04/2022)
So this chapter was horrendous so I deleted it and just rewrote the whole thing and it took me a while so I'm sorry for the long wait now I just hope I don't have to do too much to the next chapter 😅