Last effort.

Storming into Melissa's hotel, Jionni blindly and angrily walked pass the lobby and towards her room. Terrified, the midnight clerk immediately paged for the police.

"911? Yes, a man just walked in holding a pistol." The girl said nervously, looking towards his direction.

Jionni could hear that the two were already awake. Viciously banging on the door, Ray assumed that it was the room service they'd ordered.

"And how much is it?" Ray asked, answering the door.

Caught off guard by the pistol, Ray backed away, placing his hands up as Melissa ran to his side.

"Yo!" Ray said, grabbing Melissa's hand.

"Get yo' fuckin' hands off her!" Jionni ordered, clicking the gun off safety as he aimed it at his head.

"What the fuck are you doing, Jionni?" Melissa shrieked in fear.

"Aye, put the gun down!" Ray said, backing into the corner.

"You can toss all dem' other Philippine girls but I swear on my dead son if you try that shit with Lissa!-"

"Jionni, if you don't fucking leave, I'm gonna call the cops!" Melissa yelled, cowering on the bed in fear.

"Lissa, get yo' shit n' come on. You comin' with me?"

"No! Who the fuck do you think you are?"

"Melissa Rodriguez, I am not fuckin' with around wit' you right now. Get. Yo. Shit." Jionni repeated.

"Ma'am, is everything alright?" Two cops asked, stepping into the room.

"Sir, drop your weapon!" The third officer asked, aiming his weapon his way.

"He was this psychotic when I left!" Melissa growled lowly to Ray. "He held a gun to somebody else too..."

Not wanting to be arrested, and not wanting Melissa to be in any further danger, Jionni got out the best way he knew how.

"Look, officers. The guns empty." Jionni smiled, dropping the clip on the floor. "I was just tryna play a prank on my ex-girlfriend. Are y'all gonna arrest me?"

"Not if you leave the scene, sir."

Placing the empty gun and clip into his big pockets, Jionni took one last glance at Melissa. For the first time, he was terrified for her safety.

In the middle of the night...

*BZZZ. BZZZ.*

Recognizing Jionni's number, Melissa sprung out of bed and ran to the bathroom.

"Are you fucking crazy? I should kill you." Melissa said angrily through her teeth. "We're finding another hotel room. Stop fucking calling me. Don't text me. Don't-"

"Lissa listen to me real quick n' if you don't ever wanna talk to me again, you got it." Jionni plead.

"What??"

"When you get da' chance, watch an episode of Cold Killers das' called Magician Man. Issa' man that make all his wives disappear, n' the man had a thing for Philippine women. That nigga is in his mid-30's and he looks younger cus' he's Nigerian. He got different identities n' all." Jionni urged. "Look, so dat' he don't detect nothin', i'ma need you to act like we aint have dis' conversation."

"How?"

"End dis' phone conversation with "Shut da' fuck up Jionni n' stop callin' me" to let me know dat' you got my message. Aight?"

Not believing it, Melissa slugged her shoulders.

"Jionni, you're paranoid. Ray's never even been in trouble with the law."

Knowing he wasn't going to get the message to her in that phone call, Jionni temporarily gave in.

"Lissa, if that nigga put his hands on you, you call me. What did I always say t'you back in high school?"

"That my safety comes first, but I don't think that-"

"Say what I asked."

Melissa paused, scratching her head.

"Shut the fuck up, Jionni." She repeated. "And stop calling me."

"Aight."

Hanging up the phone, Melissa still didn't buy it. It was difficult for her to believe that a man that she'd been dating for 2 years, was a serial killer.

"What the hell was that about?" Ray asked, lifting in bed.

"I don't know. He's looney." Melissa scoffed, getting back in bed.

For the next three days, Jionni checked on her repeatedly. Melissa ignored him, but continued to stay on social media. Desperate to get the message through, Jionni arrived at another source for help. Knocking on the door, a larger man opened and was less than excited to see his guest.

"Mr. Rodriguez, I needa' talk to you." Jionni said. "It's urgent n' I think Lissa's life is in danger."