Chapter 19 - Inspector Gadget.

Once people returned to class, everyone got their new schedules. Report cards were being sent out after the grades were admitted by the teachers, and the new winter semester was starting. Jionni's first class was art, which was a class that he despised. Melissa just finished this class her first trimester, so he knew that she wouldn't be in here. When he walked inside, he saw a ton of the associates he talk to in school.

"Hey Jionni." One of the boys chanted.

"Aye!" Jionni grinned. "What's up?"

As he headed over to sit at one of the tables in the back, he accidentally knocked a girls coffee over. Jionni jumped back as the girl took a deep breath, getting up to grab a napkin.

"Aye, my fault." Jionni said as he placed his hands out. "I ain't mean to spill yo' shit...."

"It's fine....." The girl mumbled in a agitated tone.

When the girl leaned down and looked up, Jionni recognized her. It was Kiara. She gave him a blank stare and quickly turned away as she continued to clean up her mess.

"Aye hold on, lemme help you..." Jionni said as he grabbed some more napkins.

Jionni helped Kiara wipe up the messy coffee, then watched as she got back and sat in her seat. Jionni scrunched his lips as he watched the art teacher walk into class.

"You mind if I sit here?" Jionni asked.

Kiara ignored him. She continued to write in her book as Jionni calmly sat next to her. He took off his backpack and watched as Kiara continued to write in her book.

"What you writin'?" Jionni asked.

Kiara still didn't say anything. She continued to write in her diary as Jionni leaned in her space. Kiara gave him an agitated stare as she covered up the page.

"Can you not get in my space?" Kiara asked in a serious tone, leaning away from him.

"Oh. Yeah.." Jionni said as he leaned back. "Mah fault."

As the teacher started to write on the board, Kiara took a little glance at Jionni's upper arm of their son. Kiara turned away and kept on writing in her book like she did often. Jionni knew exactly why she was acting the way she was. He looked down, tapping his finger on the desk.

"I know you still hate me for what I did, but I swear on my boy Mook grave dat I regret dat shit everyday." Jionni said in a serious tone. "I couldn't come to da funeral because I probably woulda commit suicide dat night cause of my guilt."

Kiara didn't make any eye contact or show him any signs that she was listening. She continued to write in her diary as Jionni continued to sway her over.

"Kiara you gotta forgive me, mane. That shit wasn't intentional and you know it." Jionni continued. "I feel guilty 'bout this shit every day. The least you can do is show me that you forgive m-"

"I lost my son. You think some stupid apology is gonna wipe that away?" Kiara scowled lowly at him, slamming his pen down. "My son would be 5 years old if it weren't for you."

"Look, I told you I was fuckin' sorry!" Jionni whispered loudly back at her. "You think that I don't think 'bout that shit every-"

"Class is about to start." Kiara interrupted as she looked up at the teacher. "Be quiet."

Jionni tried to talk and convince Kiara about how sorry he was, but she wasn't willing to listen. However how could you blame her? She lost a child and holds a mothers grudge against the person who was responsible for the death of their child.