Chapter 7 - PCP!

After school, Jionni winded up having to serve another detention for skipping another one of his classes. He didn't care though. As long as he had his friends with him, detention didn't seem so bad. After the hour was up, Jionni walked out of the room with a few of his friends and the other students that was serving out a detention as well.

"Man, I hate that place..." One of the boys snarled.

"Say dat shit." Jionni sighed as he scratched the back of his head, walking out. "I could go fo' a blunt right nah."

"Shit, let's ride over at Kisses house tonight." One of the girls nodded as a few of the students huddled up with Jionni. "You know she got the good weed."

"Bet." Jionni nodded as he walked off into the hall. "Be there by 9."

"Peace, nigga!" One of his friends chanted as they put his peace sign up.

"Peace."

As Jionni turned the corner, he watched as Melissa walked out of the counseling center. He jumped, giving her a weird look as he took a deep breath.

"Holy shit!" Jionni panted as he stepped back a little. "Damn...."

"Sorry." Melissa chuckled. "I uh...didn't mean to scare you."

"Girl, is you stalkin' me or some shit?" Jionni barked lowly at her.

"Not really but.....I stayed after school to tell you something." Melissa sighed.

Jionni gave her a weird and disturbed look as Melissa glanced down.

"I just wanted to apologize about last night. About....my parents."

"They ain't do shit to me." Jionni shrugged. "What you apologizin' to me for?"

"No, you were right. I'm afraid of my parents." Melissa sighed. "I'll admit it."

Jionni puckered out his bottom lip, giving her a funny look.

"So....?"

"So I was hoping that we could hang out?" Melissa grinned. "You know, on your turf?"

Jionni scoffed, chuckling as he brushed past Melissa. Melissa sighed, slowly turning towards him.

"Do you not like me or something?" Melissa groaned towards him.

"What?"

"Like you keep brushing me off." Melissa whined. "What's the problem?"

"Nothin'. You ain't ready for my turf yet." Jionni scoffed as he continued to walk. "That's all."

Jionni paused, turning to her.

"Unless, you afraid of mommy and daddy?" Jionni grinned.

"I told you I'm willing to risk it. I've already came up with a plan!" Melissa said. "I told my swim teacher that I was sick and that I'd be taking another day off."

"And what that gotta do with your parents?"

"Look, you want me to prove to you that I can hang or not?" Melissa scoffed at him.

Jionni grilled her a little, continuing his walk.

"Aight. Fuck it. Let's go." Jionni said. "Hope you like listening to Juvenile, Boosie, and Snupe."

But deep down, Melissa was terrified.

As Melissa followed Jionni, she noticed that he was walking out of the parking lot. She scrunched her eyebrows, watching cars pass by on the nearby freeway.