Chapter 52 - Prom Queen.

"You little snitch!" Mercedes scowled at Trina as the guards took her and Britt Bratt away. "And you thank dat' you real!? Bitch please!"

"Let me go!" Britt Bratt scowled.

Trina took the tape out and placed it on the ground, stomping on it and crushing it. She walked over to the trash and sprinkled the bits into the trash as the guards and the principal placed their hands out.

"What the heck, Trina?" The principal scowled. "We needed that-"

"We got MULTIPLE witnesses here to confirm that dey was on the tape." Trina said in a serious tone. "We don't need dat' tape."

As the lunchroom continued to clap, the principal walked up and placed her hands out.

"Hey! Hey! HEEYYYY!" The principal scowled. "Start throwing away your trash and prepare for class!"

Sway shook his head as he walked out with a few of his friends.

"I coulda' sworn it was Jionni...." Sway groaned as they walked off.

Melissa walked through the large crowd inside of the lunchroom, walking up to her with her hands together.

"Hey Trina?"

Trina turned around and gave Melissa a surprised look as she cracked a small smile.

"Thanks. You didn't have to do that." Melissa smiled. "You're pretty-"

"I ain't have to do dat, but I wanted to." Trina interrupted. "Dey ain't shit fo' tryna kill you over some stupid beef."

Jionni walked up to Melissa and Trina, looking over at Melissa and cracking a small smile.

"Hey." Jionni said.

Melissa looked over at Trina, giving her a hug and heading out of the door.

"I'll see you later, Trina!" Melissa waved as she left the lunchroom.

Trina gave Jionni a blank stare, folding her arms as the bell rang.

"She still won't talk ta' me..." Jionni growled angrily. "She being so fuckin' difficul-"

"You oughta be lucky das her only punishment fa' you." Trina scowled lowly at him. "Because if it was me, I would've tried to kill you for what you did."

As Trina left, Jionni started to feel more and more guilty for what he did. Though he was genuinely sorry, that wasn't enough to make Melissa forgive him. If it weren't for Jionni and Chevy, the bottle would've never gotten to her in the first place. After school, Jionni headed up to the closest department that was near the school. He wanted to check on Kiara just to make sure that she was alright. After locking his bike on the pole outside, he walked up to the front desk to ask if he could speak to her.

This too, was the perfect time to practice getting through to his heavy accent.

"Uh.......hello." Jionni said in a slow tone. "I was um...wonderin' if there were a few students that got dropped off here? From Baton Rouge high?"

"Yes sir." The man at the front desk nodded.

"I was wonderin' if I could speak to one of them?"

"You'll have to ask one of the detectives that are holding her in custody." The officer said as he pointed to the back office. "Detective Mays is counseling her."

Jionni walked into the back where all of the detectives were, noticing that there were a handful of them. When they noticed that he was wandering around, two detectives got up and walked up to him.