Chapter 38 - "Lil Big Brother!"

Louis stopped over Melissa's house to check and see what everyone was doing. He hadn't seen them since Christmas, so he wanted to check and see what they were doing. He stepped into the house, looking in the kitchen as Rosa and Rodrigo cooked dinner.

"Hello family." Louis smiled, talking in a proper tone.

"Hi Louis." Rosa smiled as she kissed him on the cheek.

Louis looked around the room, looking for Melissa.

"Where's Melissa?" Louis asked.

"Up in her room." Maria said as she read her book on the couch. "She's not allowed to come out."

"What?" Louis sighed. "What'd she do this time?"

"Was late to swim practice again and she got caught having sex with that thief of a boy." Rodrigo said as he chopped up the green peppers. "She's not allowed to come out but to shower and eat. That's it."

While Melissa sat upstairs playing with a paddleball, Louis barged into her room.

"Melissa, what the hell is wrong with you!?" Louis snapped.

"Let me guess, mom and dad told you about this week?" Melissa scoffed, carelessly laughing as she continued to paddle the ball.

"You're out there having sex with boys at your high school like it's okay!?" Louis shouted as he snatched the paddleball out of her hand and gazed angrily over her. "Are you stupid, Melissa!? Are you trying to get preg-"

"It was ONE boy! Goddamn!" Melissa whined loudly as she sat up and rolled her eyes. "It was just Jionni! I wouldn't consider having sex with any other boy. Calm down.."

"So what would've happened if he would've gave you a disease, Melissa?" Louis continued. "What would've happened if you would've got pregnant at the age of 17??"

"We used a condom and my pregnancy test at the doctor came up negative. Plus, Jionni doesn't have a disease!" Melissa laughed as she picked with her nails and laid back on her bed. "Calm the hell down."

Louis grabbed Melissa by her arm and snatched her up out of her slumped position.

"Do you think that this is funny? Getting bad grades and blowing your free college scholarship!?" Louis snapped. "You need to gear up and get it together!"

"Let me go!" Melissa growled through her teeth as she snatched her arm out of his grip. "You are NOT my parent-"

"But I AM your brother! And no matter how much of a brat you act like, nothing will change that!" Louis scowled. "You better start shaping up Melissa!"

"Blah blah blah. She's probably gonna kick me off of swim anyway." Melissa scoffed as she leaned back. "That's what dad told me."

Louis couldn't stand how Melissa was acting. As he stepped out of the room and shut the door, Melissa sat up in her bed and snuck a tiny bit of the cocaine she stole from Sway's friends house and snorted a little bit of it. She closed her eyes and exhaled deeply, leaning back in her bed and covering her eyes. Though Melissa seemed like she was giving up on herself, Louis wasn't. He didn't want her to quit swim, especially since she was doing so well in it.

So instead of going straight home, Louis decided to go talk to Mrs. M.

When Louis stepped inside of the swim class, he saw a bunch of Melissa's friends practicing their drills. He looked over at Chase, then rushed over to Mrs. M.

"Excuse me, but are you Mrs. M?" Louis asked.

"Are you a relative of Melissa's?"

"Yes, but-"