Chapter 39 - "Mama Drama."

After Melissa was cleared out of the hospital early in the next day, she expected to see Maria and Rodriguez. Instead, she watched as Louis walked inside of the room and gave her a blank stare. She gathered her gown, folding it and placing it into her chair.

"Where's mom and dad?" Melissa asked.

"Get your stuff, Melissa." Louis said in a serious tone. "We're going home."

While Melissa rode back with Louis, she knew that by his silence that the next result wasn't good. Melissa knew what was coming ahead but didn't bother to ask. She was tired, exhausted, and didn't care at the moment. Melissa remained calm, but when Louis passed her home, she sat up and gave Louis a weird look.

"Louis, we just passed mom and dad's house." Melissa said. "You just-"

"Melissa, just sit there and calm down." Louis murmured in an agitated tone.

So that's what Melissa did for 10 minutes. All the way until they arrived at Louis's apartment off of the beach. Melissa scrunched her eyebrows at him as Louis stepped out of the car, walking towards his place.

"A lot of your stuff is already here, Melissa." Louis said as he continued to walk. "Come on."

Melissa walked into Louis's place, staring at three large suitcases of hers. She gazed at the suitcases, giving him a shocked look.

"Wait a minute? I'm staying here!?" Melissa scowled. "For how long-"

"It doesn't matter, Melissa. You've already been kicked off the swim team for GOOD! The point is, you're coming here to shape up. And let me get something straight right now, I am NOT going to be like mom and dad. When you stay here, you're going to shape the hell up." Louis said in a serious tone. "I'm not gonna be super strict, but if you start to act super rebellious acts, I'm gonna make sure that they shift you off with grandma. Alright?"

Melissa sighed, rolling her eyes and slumping her shoulders.

"Fine." Melissa scoffed. "I guess."

Louis wiped his hands down his face, walking towards the back.

"Come on." Louis said. "Let me show you where you're sleeping."

The next day when Jionni sat in his 4th hour cooking class, he heard a few of the boys in there talking and murmuring about Melissa and a few other girls in the school. However, this was typical. Boys talked about girls all the time at the school. But since they were talking about Melissa, he listened in onto their conversation. He had this class with Ross, so he wasn't alone there. While listening, the teacher handed Jionni an assignment back while passing out papers.

"I don't know what you've been doing Jionni, but great job." The cooking teacher chuckled as she walked off. "I hope to god that you're not cheating!"

"Haaah." Jionni chuckled as he looked at his 98% paper. "Thanks, Mrs. Slover."

"You fuckin' nerd!" One of the girls in Jionni's class chanted at Jionni.

"Shut ya' ass up, Kim." Jionni scoffed back, smiling at her.

"Shiiiiit, I hope I get as good of a grade as that...." Ross scoffed.

Right afterwards, the teacher handed Ross's paper back and gave him a blank stare as she walked off. On it, was a 47%.

"Man damn...." Ross scoffed as he leaned back in his seat.

Jionni sat back in his zone and listened in on the boys conversation.

"Nah, she straight." The first boy scoffed. "She like cute, but I wouldn't hit."

"What 'bout Hannah?" The second boy asked. "Dat lil mixed girl?"