Chapter 50 - First 48.

Trina, Mercedes, and Britt Bratt spent the entire day hanging out at the mall. After shopping, they all decided to stop at Trina's to finish hanging out there. Ironically, while doing nails, Trina decided to bring up Melissa while they sat up in her room watching TV and eating snacks.

"Melissa got her damn nerve gettin' mad at us after we done went up to dat' hospital to see her sick ass a hundred times." Trina scoffed as she painted Mercedes toes. "Shiet, she better be lucky she got friends like us."

Mercedes and Britt Bratt grinned at each other then leaned forward.

"Trina, we gone tell you some shit but you gotta keep yo' mouth closed." Mercedes whispered.

"Yeah?" Trina said. "Wassup?"

Britt Bratt smiled, smacking her hands together.

"We poisoned Melissa."

The news hit Trina so fast that she didn't believe it. She stopped painting Mercedes nails as her mouth dropped.

"Y'all lyin'." Trina said in a shocked tone.

Mercedes smiled and pulled a small bag out of her bag, showing her the small bag of what looked like powder. Trina looked at it, looking back at them.

"Why?" Trina asked in a stunned tone.

"Please. Like Mehgan from bad girls club said, don't friend with bitches you fight." Britt Bratt answered.

"Wait, you poisoned her cause of y'all fight?" Trina asked in a shocked tone. "That fight from the beginnin' of the year?"

Britt Bratt nodded and gave Mercedes a smack on the hand as Trina looked down, not believing what she heard.

"Y'all coulda killed her, y'all know that?" Trina whispered in an angry tone. "That's fucked up."

"We ain't wanna kill her, but we wanted to make her sick." Mercedes smiled. "Dassit."

Trina gave them disgusted looks, shaking her head as she finished painting Mercedes nails.

"You ain't gone say no shit, is you?" Britt Bratt asked.

Trina looked up at the both of them, shaking their heads.

"Nah." Trina said. "Y'all know me betta' than that."

Trina had never been more disgusted in her life. In fact, she was embarrassed to call these girls her friends. The whole time she was wondering:

"If I fight one of them, what the hell dey' gone do to me?"

The next day in Jionni's first hour, he watched Melissa walk in and sit in her seat again. There, she sat at the same seat she had across the room and got out her books, preparing to take notes since she got to class early. Jionni was there early as well because he wanted to show her what he had. Jionni walked over to her, clutching his phone.

"Lissa." Jionni murmured to her as his shadow lined over her. "I got some important shit fo' you."

Melissa still didn't look his way. Jionni sat down next to her and slumped his shoulders, giving her a sad look.

"Look Lissa, can you just watch dis' shit fa' two seconds?" Jionni asked as he leaned next to her and placed his phone on her desk. "It's some important shit on here."

Melissa dropped her bag and glanced at Jionni's phone. It was them recording what was happening a week before the day of the poisoning. There, it showed Britt Bratt opening Melissa's locker and Kiara and Mercedes taking out the Gatorade. Once it fast forwarded to two days, it showed the three sneaking it back into her bag on the day of the poisoning in between classes and leaving.