Chapter 49 - "Plottin', Schemin'."

Almost instantly, Rodrigo grabbed Jionni and tackled him onto the ground, trying his hardest to choke him. Melissa and Rosa ran over to him and tugged him off as Fran had to hold Louis and Maria back.

"Dad stop!" Melissa yelled as she tugged him off of him. "Stop! Stop!"

"I'm gonna kill him! I'm gonna fucking kill him!" Rodrigo yelled.

"Why the hell would you lie about poisoning me when you know that you didn't even go to school that day!?" Melissa yelled at Jionni.

"What!?" Jionni snarled as he lied on the floor.

Jionni looked over at Melissa and saw her blinking her other eye, giving him the hint that he should back out of this lie before he got arrested and charged on the spot. Jionni scrunched his eyebrows at her and stood up, brushing his outfit off.

"My fault I........I was jokin'..." Jionni panted as he brushed off his outfit. "I don't know why I....I just was.......tryin' to make y'all laugh-"

"Are you insane?" Maria whispered as she gave him a furious look. "What the hell is wrong with you?"

"And what part of that did you think would be funny?" Rosa growled through her teeth.

Jionni shrugged his shoulders as Rodrigo pointed to the door.

"Get out." Rodrigo demanded. "Now."

Jionni looked at Melissa as she looked away from him. He placed his hands up, backing out of the door and stepping out. Melissa only saved him because she didn't want her parents overreacting like they just did. However, this didn't mean that she forgave him. In fact, she had no plans on speaking to him after she left the hospital. Rodrigo brushed off his outfit, sighing as he looked at Melissa.

"Get your things, Melissa." Rodrigo panted lowly. "You're going home."

At Baton Rouge, the school was now entering it's third trimester before the summer. For Jionni's first hour, he was assigned to a trigonometry class that was recommended by his counselor since his grades turned out twice as good. In this class were people that Jionni rarely saw around the school, which were the handful of nerds or "lames" as they called them. Jionni sat in the back row of the room, sighing in agony because he had no friends in this class. Suddenly, Melissa walked into class with her books. She wasn't wearing a skirt and stockings and she wasn't wearing any skimpy clothes. She had on just a plain long sleeved white tee, jeans, and gymshoes. She also had her hair in the same regular hairstyle.

"Lissa." Jionni whispered loudly as she sat in the back. "Lissa!"

Melissa didn't answer him. Jionni looked at the door and listened to the warning bell ring, rushing and sitting in the desk next to her.

"You ain't hear me callin' you from 'cross da room?" Jionni asked in a low tone, giving Melissa funny look.

Melissa still didn't answer him. In fact, she didn't look his way. She started organizing her books on her desk as Jionni grinned, cracking a small smile.

"Oh I see what you doin'? You still mad, hah?" Jionni smiled. "The question is ha' long you gone ignore me?"

Melissa took out her phone and got onto tumblr, scrolling and looking on her phone while the teacher prepared their lesson. At this point, she was completely done with him. Jionni's grin quickly faded away as he gave her an exhausted look.

"Look Lissa I said I was sorry. I ain't mean to put you in no damn coma." Jionni groaned. "I'm still tryna' figure out who did dat' shit."

Melissa didn't look his way or show him any signs that she even heard him. She placed her cell phone down and listened to the trigonometry teacher as he turned around and placed his hands together.