Chapter 41 - James Bond.

When Melissa woke up, she saw a bunch of bright lights in front of her. She squinted her eyes and watched as her eyes adjusted to the bright room. Once it did, she noticed that she was in a hospital bed. She felt on her face, jumping as the sharp pain of Sway's injury surged through her cheeks. Melissa looked at the mirror next to her and saw a faded purplish bruise on her left side.

"Oh, you're awake!" The doctor smiled.

"Where......where am I?" Melissa murmured in a drugged tone.

"Why you're in the hospital, dear! You partied quite hard last night." The doctor smiled. "One of your friends called the police to help you after you passed out. Do you remember what happened last night?"

Melissa couldn't remember anything that happened after she used the bathroom.

"I......I used the bathroom and...I don't remember anything else." Melissa murmured.

As the nurse fixed her blanket, Melissa heard Louis arguing with her parents outside of her room. Melissa squinted her eyes at them as the nurse shook her head.

"Yeah. They've been going at it ever since you've arrived." The nurse sighed.

Meanwhile outside of Melissa's hospital room...

"What the hell were you allowing her to go to a party for when her grades aren't right, she's been kicked off the swim team, and she was snorting cocaine not even two weeks ago!?" Rodrigo snapped.

"She needed some sort of freedom-"

"Freedom? FREEDOM? FOR WHAT!?" Maria snapped as she got in his face. "So that she could wind up in the hospital for the second time-"

"You ever think that she may have been rebelling against you guys because you won't let her breathe for once!?" Louis scowled at the both of them. "Melissa didn't do any of this when I was living with her!"

"You know what, she's not allowed at any parties. End of story." Rodrigo demanded. "Do you understand me?"

Louis shook his head, giving them a disgusted look.

"No."

"Excuse me?" Maria said as they both gave him a surprised look.

"I am an ADULT and as long as Melissa's living under my roof, I make the rules that she live by." Louis continued.

"Then she'll be living back with us-"

"YOU TOLD ME that you'd give me a month to turn things around. It's only been a few days. It's my turn to try to shape Melissa up, so stay out of it." Louis snarked, interrupting Rodrigo. "If she isn't better by then, she's all yours."

Rodrigo and Maria shook their heads and stormed out of the hospital. Louis sighed and slowly walked into Melissa's room, pulling up a chair and sitting next to her.

"Melissa, what the hell happened at that party?" Louis growled.

"I don't know!" Melissa plead, not understanding. "I hung out and went to use the bathroom, next thing I know I woke up here."

"They found some sort of date rape drug in your system, Melissa." Louis said in a serious tone. "Are you sure that someone didn't drug you?"

Melissa thought back to the party, thinking of the last time that she was awake. The closest memory she could think of was when she got a drink from the table and sat on the boys lap. The only people who were around her was Mercedes, Trina, Britt Bratt, and the three boys. Everyone else were off in their own world.

"I got the cup on my own but, I don't think any of my friends would do this to me...."

"Melissa your car was found in an alley and you were passed out on a bed inside of the home. Something wasn't right at this party." Louis said. "Had your friend not called the ambu-"