Unreleased Chapter.

If you guys didn't see my message before, Baton Rouge is over and the ending is complete, but I had an unreleased part after the epilogue that I felt I should've deleted but was having second thoughts. Its almost like a deleted scene to a movie, but I was told that you guys wanted to read it anyways, so enjoy!

—-

Lying forward on his bed, Jionni gazed at the Baton Rouge Yearbook for one purpose. Finding a photo of Melissa in the R section, he chuckled to himself as he gazed at the unrecognizable geek that had vanished. Hair in a big bun with glasses, he flipped the page and gazed at his old peers. Kiara. Trina. Britt Bratt. Sway. Ross. Everyone had went on completely separate paths, virtually forgetting one another. At the end of the book, was a photo of Melissa and Jionni from early in the year.

"Couple of the year; 2014!"

Closing the book, he couldn't take his mind off of her. Placing his phone underneath his chin, he tapped his finger repeatedly on his phone screen, staring at Melissa's number. Exhaling, he pressed call.

"Hello?" Melissa panted, plopping on the bed.

Not saying anything at first...

"Hello?"

"Who's this?" Melissa asked.

"Lissa?"

Smile vanishing, Melissa was riddled with slight shock.

"Jionni?"

"You aint recognize me at first?"

"No. But when you said Lissa, I knew." She said. "You're the only person that still...thats ever called me that.."

Jionni, still nervous, remained silent as he struggled to speak.

"How are you?" Melissa smiled.

"I'm good. How is' you?" Jionni said softly, readjusting himself on his bed.

"Fine. Is there something you wanted to talk to me about?"

"I know my approach for da' last couple days been kinda bold, but I just wanted to talk."

"Jionni, I don't think that's-"

"Nothin' freaky, nothin' like that Lissa. I swear." Jionni interrupted. "I just wanted to see how you was doin'. Dassit."

Sighing, Melissa laid back on her bed as well.

"Sure. That's fine."

Soon after, a brief conversation went into an hour-long trip down memory lane.

"Rememba' when yo' grandma bought us all that liquor and shit and I got wasted at Dave n' busters?" Jionni laughed, head tilted on his pillow.

"And she beat us and had more tickets than both of us combined?" Melissa said, also laughing. "I swear she must go there often and waited for that opportunity!"

"How she doin'?"

"Fine. Cancer free."

"Das' good."

Then, Melissa remembered another moment.

"Do you remember when you came to my Christmas dinner and made my parents faces turn bright red with your insults?"

"Well Louis is 20 years old, I guess y'all wasn't followin' the rules from the bible huh?" Both said at the same time, reciting Jionni's quote.

"Oh my god, that was PRICELESS!" Melissa said, breathless from laughing.