Chapter 16 - Unlicensed.

"But.......but why?" Melissa asked.

"What do you mea-"

"Well I know why but.....why now?" Melissa scoffed. "Why do I have to move to a different school I mean I've made so many friends-"

"You've made friends?" Rodrigo asked.

Melissa didn't make any friends. However, if it was going to keep her at her school, she was willing to lie.

"Well......yeah!" Melissa lied. "You'd know if you let me hang out with them.."

"Listen, I told you that teenagers now a days aren't good to hang out with. There's peer pressures, alcoholics, and other things that makes hanging out with friends dangerous." Rodrigo said in a serious tone. "I'm not gonna explain this again, Melissa."

"Well can I at least stay at the school with friends that I do have, dad?" Melissa asked.

Rodrigo shook his head and got up from her bed and stepped out.

"Well you better learn how to start defending yourself, Melissa." Rodrigo said in a serious tone. "Because if I hear anymore stories about you being bullied, I'm moving you to a different school or homeschooling you."

Melissa sat back in her bed, taking a deep breath from another bullet she dodged. Still, she knew that she was going to have to defend herself at school like her father said.

And her first test would come the next day.

After being suspended for three days, Melissa came back on Friday. She had a handful of work to take home and work on, but it wasn't going to be a problem for her. As she sat in her first hour English class, she already heard a few of the students chatting lowly in the room about her while Mrs. Foland taught on the overhead above.

"You heard what she did to Rebecca?" One of the girls mumbled.

"Yeah. Bitch couldn't have tried no shit like that with me." The other girl scoffed. "Cause I would've knocked her ass out."

"Joelisa, would you like to teach the lesson?" Mrs. Foland smiled, looking up at the other girl.

"No." The girl groaned.

"Then keep quiet while I continue to write down the diagram."

Melissa scrunched her eyebrows, turning around in her seat and gazing at the two girls.

"Excuse me, who's ass would you have whooped?" Melissa smiled. "Because I'd like to see you do it."

"Girl, don't think because you broke somebody's nose that you the shit." Joelisa scoffed as the class started laughing. "Because you don't want it with this one."

"Melissa and Joelisa!" Mrs. Foland scowled as she placed her marker down. "Quiet down!"

Melissa smiled and kicked her feet up on the desk.

"I wouldn't mind breaking another nose if I have to." Melissa smiled.

The class chanted "ooohh" as Joelisa sat up in her seat.

"Who she talkin' about?" Joelisa scoffed sarcastically as she started laughing. "Cause she ain't talkin' to me."

"I'd fight but you're dressed like you've already been in one." Melissa winked.

The class started laughing as Joelisa's friend sat up in her seat.

"Say one more thing." The girl scoffed.

"One more thing." Melissa repeated.

The girl picked her large book up and threw it Melissa's way. Melissa ducked as the book knocked down the coffee cup on Mrs. Foland's desk.