Chapter 45 - Baby Blue! [Part 2.]

After the argument, Jionni's father stormed out of the room. When he saw Jionni standing there, he walked out of the home and went somewhere else. Jionni scrunched his eyebrows and stepped inside, giving Diana a confused look.

"Oh uh.....hey Jionni...." Diana murmured as she sat on her bed, rubbing her forehead.

"What was he talkin' bout?" Jionni asked.

Diana looked up at him, taking a deep breath.

"He got another girl pregnant while he was out on bond 10 months ago. He didn't want the baby so he put him up fo' adoption..." Diana groaned. "The baby's mother been lookin' all ova for her son that-"

"So I got a little brother?"

Diana nodded her head as Jionni rubbed his face, walking back and forth.

"I'm thinking the same thing."

"Well what agency he at?" Jionni asked. "I wanna go see hi-"

"Jionni, we're returnin' the baby to his mom and dassit." Diana said in a serious tone. "I don't want you gettin' all attach-"

"No I know, but I still wanna see him." Jionni said. "Please?"

Diana gave him a blank expression as she grabbed her keys and got up out of the bed.

"Alright, let's go."

Jionni and Diana drove 20 minutes to the adoption agency that Jarold gave his second son away from almost 2 months ago. When they got there, Diana walked to the front desk and asked if she could see a baby named Jarold Jr. The woman escorted them to the room that was filled with infants, taking them to the baby that they were looking for. Jionni walked over and gazed down at the dark skinned infant who had a head full of hair. The baby was awoke, but could barely open his eyes all the way. Diana placed her hand on Jionni's shoulder as she pulled out her phone.

"I got the number from your fathers phone." Diana said. "I'm gonna call his mother and tell her to pick him up."

As Diana stepped out of the room, Jionni smiled down at his baby brother. He resembled a lot like the son he had 5 years ago. If he were alive today, his child would be an uncle. Jionni picked the infant up as it laid wrapped in a blue blanket, bonding with him as much as he could before his mother came.

"Damn." Jionni mumbled lowly to him while a few other adopting people bonded with their upcoming babies. "You look just like JJ."

The baby sneezed as inched around in his blanket, yawning and clicking his tongue. Jionni couldn't help but to think heavily about JJ. If he were still alive, what would they be? Where would his son be? How would he look? Jionni turned away and wiped a small tear from his eye, looking at his shoulder and gazing at the only remaining thing he had left.

His tattoo.

Almost 30 minutes later, Jarold's mother rushed through the establishment, hastily looking for her son. When she found him, she found Jionni holding him inside of the room. She snatched her boy out of his arms and held him tightly, bawling loudly as she clutched her baby in her arms. When she got there, the police were already there to cover for her. Diana let them know that the baby was given up out of the mothers will. Jionni watched for 10 minutes as they cleared her out, then watched the woman drive off with her son. Jionni stood by the window as Diana placed her hand on his shoulder.

"Ma?" Jionni murmured.

"Yes, baby?"

"Do you thank I can go see him again?"

Diana gazed out of the window, shaking her head.

"Probably not."

On the way home, Jionni sat silent inside of the car. He didn't know how he should feel about the entire thing. His father was being dishonest, his father was never there for him, and his father was a con.