Chapter 12 - Safe Place.

Rodrigo sat down at the table, he fixed his robe over his body.

"Think about it." Rodrigo said in a serious tone. "When has Melissa ever wanted to go to Louis's house as much as she do now?"

"Ever since we've been becoming more strict on her." Maria shrugged. "She may hate us for it but she'll thank us in the long run."

"What if........what if Louis is covering for her?" Rodrigo thought.

"Please, hun. Louis is just as bad as us." Maria laughed. "He wouldn't let Melissa do anything out of our nature. Besides, Melissa wouldn't be comfortable with it."

It was like Rodrigo had a sixth sense. He knew and felt when something wasn't going his way. And usually when he gets this feeling, he'll figure it out sooner or later.

While the party was going on, Jionni and the boys remained on the porch, smoking a blunt, drinking, and talking. While doing so, a boy walked up to them looking for someone.

"Hey uh......have you guys seen Melissa?" The boy asked.

"Who dat?" D'juan asked.

Jionni squinted his eyes at the boy, leaning back. He recognized the boy as the same boy who was at the ambulance. Chase. He had on a magician outfit with a rose in his hand.

"She........she said that she'd be here.." Chase mumbled to himself, looking around. "I wanted to give this to her.."

"Boy, the party started at 9!" Chevy cackled. "It's 12 in the damn moanin'."

"Yo, who the fuck brings a damn rose to give to a girl at a party?" Jionni joked as he looked at his friends, obviously jealous. "Why you 'ont bring that shit to her in school?"

Chase scoffed as he paced around, continuing to look for her. Meanwhile, Melissa was behind an abandoned house putting back on her dress clothes. If Louis saw the outfit that she was wearing, he would KILL her. After she threw on her skirt, she saw Louis's car turning the corner. Melissa placed her costume back into the plastic bag, then jogged out towards her brothers car. Before Louis could park all the way, Melissa jumped into the car breathless.

"Whew..." Melissa panted. "Oh man.."

"Uh.....why are you sweaty and breathless?" Louis laughed.

"Me....and.......me and a few friends were.....racing.......down the block..." Melissa lied.

Louis glanced around at the poor neighborhood, then looked back at Melissa.

"Did you have a good time?" Louis asked.

Melissa thought about her and Jionni kissing each other on the neck. Her chest moved up and down as she looked off into space, cracking a small smile.

"Yeah." Melissa smiled. "I did."

Next Monday, Jionni was finally able to come back to class. While it seemed like forever, he really wasn't missing out on much. When he walked into his English class, he was greeted by the loving friends that he has.

"G's BACK!" A few of them chanted.

"Ahh, you know it ain't no thang." Jionni grinned as he smacked some of his classmates hands and sat in his seat.

"Uh Jionni, you'll be sitting over here in the corner of the room." The English teacher smiled as she pointed to the side with all of the nerds. "This way we can avoid all disruptions."

Jionni's face flushed as he sighed dramatically, getting out of his seat to go to his newly assigned seat. As he slipped his backpack off, his English teacher smiled and looked at the class.