Chapter 30 - Double Crossed. [Part 1.]

Early the next day, Melissa went grocery shopping with her family. Though it wasn't her favorite thing to do, she went out to pick out certain snacks and other things that she wanted for herself at the house. While she picked out her items, she saw Sway standing at the end of the grocery isle, picking out a ton of chips for himself.

"Sway?" Melissa said, walking up to him.

Sway turned to her, cracking a small smile.

"Aye girl!" Sway smiled. "Ain't you dat chick who listen to Snupe 24/7 in class?"

"Yeah!" Melissa smiled back. "Uh....how are you?"

Sway's accent was a tad bit better than Jionni's, but he was from a different "hood" in Baton Rouge.

"Nothing just packin' all my shit for my new year." Sway nodded. "You goin' to Kisses comin' home party/new year party tomorrow?"

"I uh....didn't know about it.." Melissa said.

Sway dug in the back for three more bags of chips as Melissa looked to the side.

"Look, I know that you sent me those 12 candy canes."

Sway paused for a second, then continued to look for the bags of chips.

"What you talkin' bout, girl?" Sway said, nervously laughing.

"I looked at the list, Sway." Melissa laughed. "I looked at it at the counseling center."

Sway couldn't deny it then. He lifted up, grinning as he placed the bags of chips into his cart.

"So what, a nigga can't be nice?" Sway grinned.

"Of course!" Melissa laughed. "But, why'd you send them? Don't you have a girlfriend?"

"Yeah, but dat' don't mean I can't give otha' girls compliments!" Sway smiled. "What 'bout you? You got a man?"

"Well......not officially but...we're trying to work things ou-"

"Well wheneva' you done fuckin' wit' him, come slide my way." Sway winked. "He ain't gotta know and neitha' do my girl."

Melissa gave him a weird look as she heard her name from across the grocery store.

"MELISSA!" Louis chanted loudly, looking for her. "Come on!"

"I'll uh......see you later.." Melissa said as she walked off, following Louis's voice.

Melissa had no type of interest in Sway based on his character and based on the fact that she was seeing Jionni. He had Jionni's accent, but the fact that he's willing to cheat on his girlfriend with her lets her know that he wouldn't hesitate to do it with her if they were to ever get together.

Meanwhile, Jionni rested in bed a majority of the time since of his bad hangover. After relaxing for a bit, he spent time hanging out with Chevy and the boys along with some of the Old Heads in his neighborhood since he hadn't done it in a while. While everyone else smoked, he sat to himself as he started another Shakespeare book. When night came about, Jionni headed home and walked through the door of his home. When he got there, he saw Diana placing her purse and a piece of paper down, quickly stashing a huge amount of cash into her purse. He stood all the way up, giving her a weird look.

"Hey." Diana panted, zipping up her purse. "You're home early."

"Whas' dat?" Jionni asked, rubbing his head with one hand and pointing at her purse with the other.

"What?"

Jionni pointed at her purse again as Diana looked away.

"Look, I'm gonna be gone for the rest of the night." Diana sighed. "Have Jmo take you to get something to eat tomorro-"