A million miles away.

While readying himself for his interview at the car shop, Jionni could hear Melissa talking to her parents about Ray. Walking into his second bedroom, he fixed his plain white tee and jeans.

"You 'ont think he minds me showin' up in dis, do you?" Jionni smiled.

Melissa gazed blankly at the wall, not acknowledging him.

"Aw hell, Lissa. What happened?" He said, sitting next to her.

"He strangled those women. Each and every one of them. Two with his bare hands, and one with a cord." Melissa said, keeping her eyes on the wall. "They haven't confirmed it through an autopsy yet, but medical examiners are banking on that. My mom and dad said that the police told them."

"Shit...." He whispered.

"It takes 5 minutes, five, to strangle and kill someone. Which means that he sadistically watched as choked the life out of these women." Melissa mumbled. "Why not me?"

"Ion' know about dem' other women but he wouldn't ha' had the opportunity to do dat' shit to you." Jionni said in a matter-of-fact tone. "I woulda' killed his ass."

"Forget about me, Jionni. Go kick ass during your interview!" Melissa smiled, switching the mood. "You've got it."

"I'll try!"

Giving her a quick peck on the cheek, Jionni grabbed his phone charger and headed downstairs.

"It's a lot of groceries in da' fridge for when you wake up, Lissa!" He shouted up the stairs.

"Thank you!"

Waking up, Melissa made herself bacon, eggs, and toast to unwind. Refusing to watch any news on Ray, she sat back and watched morning cartoons. Deleting each and every photo she had of Ray off of Instagram, she received a call from Trina.

"Haaaay bitch." Melissa sang.

"Hey hooooe. Where you at?" Trina asked. "I know you checked out of that hotel room 'cause of that crazy ass boyfriend you had!"

Hesitating...

"Jionni's."

"Wait, did you just say Jionni's?"

"Yeah, but we didn't do anything-"

"Bitch don't lie. Y'all did something."

"We actually wanted to! Well, were about to but Jionni felt that I was still thinking about Ray. He annoys me with how well he reads my damn mind!" Melissa complained.

"Girl fuck Ray! If y'all don't start having some kids-"

"That's easy to say when you weren't with someone for 2 years. My feelings didn't go away once he left. That was my boyfriend!"

"So you didn't think about Jionni once while you was in Phillipino's or whatever the hell that is?"

".....everyday for three years." Melissa admitted. "Once I found Ray I figured that was the end of that phase."

"Anyways girl, I was callin' you to invite you to the Class of 2014 Baton Rouge High dinner. Everybody dressin' formal and all that. You n' Jionni should come! It's from 4-10." Trina said. "D'juan and everybody going."

"Shit, i'm not doing anything else! I'ma go out and buy something." Melissa said. "Do we have to wear a certain color or anything?"

"Nah. Just dress like a boujee white girl who's daddy pay for everything."