Chapter 6 - Shook Ones.

At the end of school on Tuesday, Melissa saw Jionni walking and preparing to go to detention. When the bus left with a majority of the students at the school, Melissa walked up to him when he was by himself.

"Um.......hey...?" Melissa smiled as she paced behind him.

"Hey?" Jionni chuckled, giving her a weird look.

"It's me!"

"The girl with no friends?" Jionni asked.

Melissa gave him a serious look as Jionni turned around and started laughing.

"Aight aight I'm just fucking with you." Jionni chuckled. "What you want?"

"Well, were you still trying to hang out today?" Melissa asked.

Jionni turned around and glanced down at her as she looked back up at him.

"Look, I'm only doing this because I don't have any friends." Melissa groaned. "Once I get a social life, I'll back off."

Jionni shrugged, cracking a small and agitated grin.

"Okay, fuck it. Let's go." Jionni said as he continued to walk. "My house is this way, so-"

"Wait a minute, I thought that we were going to my house?" Melissa asked.

"Aye, you the one that wanna hang out." Jionni groaned. "So I'm the one who pick the place."

"Well I promised my dad that I'd come home since I didn't feel like going to swim practice today so..." Melissa paused.

Jionni gave her a funny look as he sighed and grinned.

"Alright. Today, we hang out at yo' crib." Jionni nodded. "After today, we goin' to my crib. Aight?"

"Yes. Yes! That's fine." Melissa nodded as she started walking the other way. "My cars this way."

As Melissa and Jionni walked and got inside of the car, Melissa cut it on and adjusted her mirror. Jionni took a deep breath, looking around the inside of the car. It smelled like nothing but perfume and the green apple scent that was in the inside. At this point, Melissa was happy and eager to have a friend that was from her school. As Melissa pulled off, Jionni listened to the CD inside of her car. It was playing a soundtrack to one of the Shakespeare books she was reading.

"Sorry I uh......listen to this I can't read on the road." Melissa sighed in embarrassment as she stopped in front of one of the stoplights.

"Well can I change it?" Jionni asked in an annoyed tone.

"Sure. Go ahead."

Jionni ejected the cd out of her car, taking his out and placing it inside. The sound of the cd spinning around in the inside of the system sounded for a few seconds, then Jionni skipped a few songs to get to his.

"Yeah!" A boy chanted in the background. "Lil Snupe!"

Melissa jumped to the sound of the small base that played in her car, getting thrown off a little. She glanced down at her cd, then looked back over at him.

"Um........who's this?" Melissa asked.

"Wait a minute, you tellin' me that you from Louisiana and you don't know who Lil Snupe is?" Jionni gasped. "He was one of the coldest freestylers!"

"Well, I don't listen to rap." Melissa sighed as she placed her foot on the gas. "My parents don't allow me to."

Jionni leaned his head back and started vibing out to the song 'In the Air' by Lil Snupe.