Chapter 25 - Grammy!

During Melissa's second hour Spanish class, she spent this time on her phone tumbling while the teacher spoke and wrote down notes. In the beginning of the year Melissa was on her game, but for the last two to three weeks, she was starting to get a little lazy. She received two C+ on her last quizzes but didn't bother to study or do anything else that would pull her grade up.

"Class, these are the 5 words that you'll have to define and use in a sentence." The Spanish teacher nodded. "But all together, 40 of them will be on the te-"

"CANDYGRAM!" Two girls cheered as they burst inside of class. "For the holidays!"

Two girls walked into class with a handful of candy-canes, watching everyone in the class lift up to see who they received one from. They were handing out candy canes for the upcoming Christmas.

"What is this, mean girls?" The Spanish teacher groaned, cracking a small smile. "Please hand them all out quickly ladies so that I can finish my lesson."

The two girls obnoxiously chewed on their gum, handing them out to all of the people.

"Who is.....Jacob?" One of the girls asked.

"Ova' here." One of the boys said, raising his hand.

"Aight, two fo' you." The second girl said as she looked at one other candy cane. "Where iiiiiisss...Josie?"

"Here!" Josie smiled.

"Whaddup Josie." The first girl grinned as she handed her one. "I sent you this one."

"Thanks boo."

"And who iiiiisssss.....Gabriel?" The second girl asked. "She got four!"

Melissa rolled her eyes and placed her headphones in to continue texting. She shifted her focus back onto her phone, scrolling through her tumblr blog. The two girls handed out two individual candy-canes to two other people, then looked at their handful of candy canes. There were twelve left in total and they all said one name.

"Where is.....Melissa?" The first girl said. "All twelve of these say Melissa."

"Melissa?" The second girl said.

Melissa couldn't hear the girls because she had in her headphones. The teacher gazed at Melissa and pointed to her.

"Can someone tap her?" The Spanish teacher said.

The girl who said in front of Melissa turned around and tapped her, watching her look up and take her headphones out.

"Huh?" Melissa said in an agitated tone.

The two girls walked over to her and laid out all twelve of her candy canes in front of her.

"These fo' you?" The girls said in confusion.

Melissa scrunched her eyebrows at the candies, looking up at them.

"No, t-there must've been a mistake...?" Melissa said.

"You Melissa Rodriguez?"

"Yeah, but-"

"Then take these candies girl." The first girl laughed. "That mean some nigga wanna gih' you da dick."

"Okay ladies, goodbye!" The Spanish teacher waved. "Time for me to finish my lesson."

As the two girls left, the teacher laughed and continued her lesson.

"Continuing on, the five words..."

Melissa gazed at the inside of the cards only to see hearts written in the cards. She smiled, texting Jionni.