Chapter 44 - Baby Blue. [Part 1.]

After school, Jionni saw Kiara sitting by the bus stop again. He cracked a small smile and jogged over to her, jumping over the bench and sitting next to her. Kiara jumped, giving Jionni a surprised yet disturbed look. She shook her head, closing her eyes as she held onto her chest.

"Jesus Christ, you scared the shit out of me...." Kiara murmured.

"You doin' anythang today?" Jionni smiled.

"Yeah, going home."

"Shit, why you 'ont come home wit' me n' we can kick it at Jmo's?" Jionni asked.

Kiara continued to stare at him, not answering his question.

"So, dats a no?"

Kiara stared him down again, cracking a funny grin.

"Your grammar is horrible." Kiara laughed.

Jionni scrunched his eyebrows at her, giving her a funny look.

"Fuck you mean?" Jionni giggled. "I'm a Louisiana nigga! You know dis' how we talk?"

Kiara grabbed his arm and stared tugging him to the back of the school.

"Hold on!" Jionni scoffed. "Where we goin'?"

"Just follow me."

Jionni followed Kiara to her honor class English teachers classroom. When he got there, he saw the teacher wiping the board as she gave them a surprised look.

"Hello Kiara!" The teacher smiled. "What are you doing here?"

"Do you have any spare time, Mrs. Avant?" Kiara asked.

"About 30 minutes." The teacher responded. "Why? Is there something you need?"

"I was wondering if you could give my friend Jionni a quick lesson on how to speak properly?"

"Oh nah, I cain't stay right na-"

"Oh I've heard all about you. The teachers talk about how you're a nightmare." Mrs. Avant laughed. "No offense."

Jionni cracked a small smile as she placed her papers down, watching Kiara sit beside him.

"Alright, I can run a quick lesson by." The teacher smiled as she leaned forward on her desk. "Describe in ONE sentence how your day went yesterday?"

Jionni paused, placing his fingers again

"Mah day was aight until my ex....well....my old friend shred my damn essay in my library class." Jionni scoffed. "Nah I gotta do da' shit all over."

"She said one sentence." Kiara mumbled to him.

"Oh." Jionni said as he clenched his teeth in nervousness.

"Okay, I wrote down everything you said. You said: "Mah day was aight until my old friend shred my damn essay in MAH library class, now I have to do the *blank* all over."

Jionni's eyes widened as he gave Kiara a funny look.

"Do I really sound like dat?" Jionni asked in horror.

"Yes." Kiara laughed. "You really do."

After the teacher wrote what Jionni said on the board, the teacher turned around and placed the marker down.

"Now try to say this in the best way possible and I'll correct you when you say something incorrectly." The teacher said.

"You mean like dem' white folks?" Jionni asked.

The teacher scrunched her eyebrows at him, giving him a funny look.

"Uhh.......I guess?" Mrs. Avant shrugged.