Chapter 23 - Havoc.

"Listen, he wasn't doing anything wrong." Jionni's lawyer plead. "All he was doing was firing his girlfriend to his home."

"But he wasn't even supposed to be out of the house, Mabel." The district attorney said. "How'd he get his bracelet off?"

Jionni sat in the courtroom with his lawyer and his mother, looking down in embarrassment. Jionni's lawyer looked over at him, then looked down himself.

"No answer, your honor."

"Mabel, does your client have a license?" The judge asked. "If so I can minimize his sentence to house arrest and probation for 4 years. Do you have a license, sir?"

Jionni looked up at the judge, slowly shaking his head.

"No."

"So you were driving WITHOUT a license or a permit?"

"Yes."

The judge shook her head and gave Jionni's lawyer a serious look.

"I'm gonna have to sentence him to 6 months in jail for violation of his probation and another 12 months for driving WITHOUT his license-"

"Please, your honor. Jionni has to finish his high school year." His lawyer plead. "Can we lower this down to a month of house arrest and 5 years probation?"

The judge paused, making one final statement.

"I will lower his sentence down to this, but I will have robbery, driving without a license, and probation violation added onto his record."

"WHAT!?" Jionni said out loud.

"Or I could give you the jail sentence ALONG with this information that will have to be added to your record regardless, Jionni." The judge said in a serious tone. "Will this be an issue?"

Jionni froze as the judge banged her gavel against the podium.

"I thought so. Hopefully, I won't see you in here again." The judge said. "Case dismissed."

As Jionni, Diana, and his lawyer left the courtroom, Jionni's lawyer had some words for Jionni and his behavior.

"Listen, I'm not going to continue to represent a client who continues to act out of line since he's sliding through the cracks of the damn system." Jionni's lawyer growled. "I've been dealing with this for TOO long-"

"He ain't done anything, Mabel!" Diana scowled in a low tone.

"Hasn't done anything? Sneaking off his house arrest bracelet? Driving without a license!?" The lawyer whispered aggressively. "Is that what you call not doing anything?"

Jionni's lawyer shook his head and tightened his grip on his briefcase, walking out.

"This is your last warning." His lawyer said in a serious tone. "Otherwise, have fun finding yourself a new lawyer."

Jionni stood there in disbelief as Diana looked at him.

"That girls family called the police on you?" Diana snapped. "Fo' what?"

"Cause dey think i'ma criminal when in reality I ain't 'eem done shit!" Jionni scowled. "They probably just cost me a damn job!"

"Well da next time you get caught, you'll be goin' ta jail for 18 months." Diana murmured angrily. "So you think 'bout if you wanna hang around this lil' girl anymore. Cause her and her damn family just cost you a lengthy record on yo' resume."

Jionni now had a criminal record at the age of 17, was now on house arrest, and was about to lose the one lawyer he's had since he was 14. Stuff was starting to get out of hand really quick.