Epilogue.

When Melissa left, her and Jionni kept in contact everyday for 2 weeks. But even then, it wasn't as good as being with each other. That being said, they slowly started to shift into contacting each other every other day, to barely talking at all, to no contact all within one month. Why?

It only took a month for Jionni to go from a rookie to a top notch drug dealer.

With D'juan by his side, being known by their entire neighborhood and not wanting to stay with their grandmother, the two decided to join Jmo and Kisses in selling cocaine, weed, and heroin. D'juan was the one who created the drugs while D'juan was the one who made the drugs while Jionni was the one who split and sold them. By this time, Jionni and D'juan both made $100,000 all together, meaning that they could buy a home for themselves each.

Diana hasn't called Jionni once since she left and neither has him and D'juan's aunt.

All together, Jionni went from a person with a good heart to an arrogant and pompous teenager. Able to provide for himself, stunt in his new clothes and make a name for himself, he was officially able to label himself as his own man.

This being said, it was no longer hard for him to forget about Melissa.

As for Melissa, settling down in the Philippines wasn't as great as she thought it would be. Still, it was much better than being anywhere near Baton Rouge. Melissa's family settled on a large farm that had a beautiful lake and large beautiful grasslands. The next door neighbors had a few small animals to themselves that they let the neighborhood kids come by. A month in, they were closer to being settled than the first day of course. Now that Melissa could relax to herself and not have to worry about any school drama, poisonings, or any ridiculousness she went through there.

This being said, it wasn't hard for her to forget about Jionni either. Their letters towards each other faded into every other day, to every other week, to none at all.

As Jionni sat in the hookah bar with Chevy, D'juan, Ross, and a few other boys from the neighborhood, he dropped his hookah pen and gazed off into the hazy space, catching his friends attention.

"What, G?" Chevy laughed.

When they looked, they saw a brown skinned woman with light brown and curly short hair and Hazel eyes walk to the bar. She had on a skin tight white dress that matched with her pearly white shoes.

"Hold on, y'all." Jionni smiled as he tipped his hat and eased out of the booth.

While Rodrigo and Maria scanned off in their neighborhood to apply for nursing and doctor jobs, Melissa decided to head out to the backyard to take a look at their amazing backyard. She stood there and took in the beautiful scenery and air, listening to the river crash against the small dock. While standing there, she watched as a pig jogged up to her.

"Oh hi little one!" Melissa smiled as she crouched down and rubbed it's back. "What's your name?"

Out of nowhere, the pig sneezed and spit a bunch of mud and spit in Melissa's face. Melissa's eyes squinted shut as she jumped back, placing her hands on the side of her face and wiping it off with her shirt.

"Hey! Piggie!" A boy scowled. "You aren't supposed to be over there!"

Melissa looked up and saw a gorgeous and small built Philippine boy riding his horse over to her. He had on some dirty overalls which meant that he'd been cleaning up his small barn, but his small built arms hung out on the sides and glistened in the sunlight. Melissa's mouth creaked open as he jumped off his horse, holding his arm out to her.

"I'm sorry about that, ma'am." The boy chuckled, holding his hand out. "I'm Owen."

Jionni walked up to the woman and smiled at her, taking her hand and kissing the top of it.

"I'm Melissa." Melissa smiled, blushing at the boys features.

"I'm Jionni, baby." Jionni smiled as he gazed at the woman.

The two figured that since they were miles away from each other and that they wouldn't be able to date in any sort of way, why not get a fresh start? And unless the two moved back in the same country, they had no choice but to get on with their lives.

But even the best of couples, move on. Especially when they don't have a choice but to do so.