Fade to Black.

Knocking on Melissa's door, Jionni raised Melissa off of her feet and spun around.

"Jionni!" Melissa laughed as he gave her a kiss. "What are you doing?"

"I got da' job, Lissa!"

"You did?"

Both clashed together again, hugging and laughing again.

"Oh my God, what did I say?" Melissa smiled. "You can do anything!"

"Lissa, you the fuckin' bomb." Jionni sighed, giving her another kiss. "Thank you."

In the kitchen, Jionni noticed Melissa's parents staring at them in the kitchen. Drawing back, Jionni tugged her arm, saying goodbye.

"I call you later, aight?"

"Ok. Bye." She blushed.

Cutting lettuce, Maria discussed the status of their relationship.

"Maybe the kid isn't so bad." Rodrigo groaned. "I still question his intentions."

"You think he has any sexual diseases?" Maria whispered, cutting lettuce.

"What??"

"Remember, that boy used to go around that neighborhood kissing all types of women. OLDER women. The boy had a baby at the age of 13." Maria said. "I am very appreciative for what he did for Melissa, but that's not...."

Maria exhaled, shaking her head.

"I pictured Melissa marrying a man with in college, as a doctor or lawyer, like a Tom Cruise or something." She complained. "Not a boy with a country accent, tattoos and a......smoker."

"Melissa had that. She had a boyfriend who had 4 years of college, dressed in a suit and tie for a living. Well kempt. Good job. The boy that she likes now has tattoos, likes to smoke weed, loves rap music, everything thats the opposite of what typical guy you'd want for your daughter." Rosa said. "Guess which one of those men turned out to be a serial killer?"

Maria and Rodrigo turned to Rosa, not realizing that she was listening.

"Your daughter haven't seen this man for 5 years and they're still compatible. Maybe its time to stop being so damned judgmental."

"What if it doesn't work?" Maria asked.

"Then it doesn't. She lives and she learns. As of now, don't destroy Melissa's happiness."

After Rodrigo and Maria left for work, Jionni arrived to take Melissa to dinner. Wearing glasses, he sported a Jordan white tee along with shorts, plain white gymshoes.

"Hey Jionni." Rosa said, answering the door.

"Hey grandma." He smiled, kissing her on the cheek. "Where's Lissa?"

"Almost ready!" She squealed from her room.

"I done gave her ass-BUTT an extra hour t'get ready n' she still ain't done. I can't."

"You call her "Lissa" too?" Rosa laughed, shutting the door. "Her brother and aunts call her that now."

"What? I gave ha' that nickname!" Jionni laughed. "I only call ha' Melissa when she pisses me off. I say, "Melissa Rodriguez". Haha."

Rosa smiled up at him, walking towards the den.

"Come to the den. I want to speak to you."

Nervous, Jionni followed Rosa and sat next to her.

"Jionni, how are you and Melissa?"

"We good. We very good."

"Oh don't give me that basic response." Rosa laughed. "Come on. You're talking to me."

"Nah seriously, we good. Like I always say, she my equal. She stubborn as hell....heck, though." Jionni said, correcting himself. "We argue like a married couple but we get over dat' with ease."

"I'm sure you know that Melissa loves you. You're the first guy to break her out of that horrible shell that she was in." Rosa smiled. "She never dressed like she did before you, expressed herself before you, was sexually active before yo-"

"What? She crazy. We don't partaken in such filth." Jionni smiled, blinking aggressively.

"Mhm, sure."

"Well sometimes, but she can't resist me Grandma Rosa!" Jionni exaggerated. "I mean I just walk through da' door n' she tackles me before I can take mah' shoes off. She's a heathen!"

"She says that you're the initiator!"

"I have NO idea what you're talkin' about." Jionni smiled, still blinking hard. "Such lies."

Rosa shook her head, looking down.

"I'm the only one in this family who has faith in you. Louis does but he is a bit nervous. They're judgmental of your character based on the outside because they haven't gotten to know you." She said. "Based off of what she told me, you've fought a guy for her, stood up for her throughout high school, punched a guy in the mouth for her, let her cry on your shoulder, and a lot more."

"Dat' aint even half of what i'd do for her." Jionni assured.

"I know. I just came to let you know that I support you guys 100%. Forget what Maria or Rodrigo has to say. They're jealous because they married out of guilt of having Louis out of wedlock." Rosa mentioned. "Just don't make me look like a fool. We clear?"

"Crystal."

"Just thought i'd have this chat with my grandson-in-law."

Jionni smiled at the comment, nudging her shoulder.

"Wait, what about Ray?"

"Oh please. That guy was her parents poster child. He was boring and lacked personality." Rosa scoffed. "Didn't know that the guy was a serial killer, but to me, he didn't bring out this type of glowing Melissa."

Jionni looked down at his twiddling fingers, wondering

"What you thank I can do t'make her stay?"

"Alright i'm ready!"

Melissa jogged down the steps in another set of high waisted pants that complimented her baby pink top. Resting on her chest, was a heart necklace.

"What are we going to eat?" Melissa smiled, clutching her purse.

"You know what da' fuck i'm eatin' later on." Jionni growled in her ear, clutching her waist and walking to the door. "See you later Grandma Rosa!"

"Y'all have fun!"

After eating at Red Lobster, the two bought snacks and went to Jionni's to watch a movie on the firestick. Afterwards, Melissa wished him luck for his new job and prepared to head home.

"Good luck during your interview tomorrow." Melissa smiled, opening the door.

"Wait..."

Jionni placed his hand on the door, looking down at her.

"It's late. Why you 'ont just stay here?"

"I should go home. I left everything there."

Jionni gave her a blank stare, sparking goofiness in her.

"I brought a bag." She blushed. "Let me get it out the car!"

"Aaaaaah das' what i'm talkin' bout, Lissa!" Jionni said in a happy tone, heading to her car. "I got you!"

It always excited Melissa to see Jionni's excitement over her. Watching him out of the screen door, lights from another car approached and stopped in the middle of the street. Put off by Melissa's facial expression, Jionni asked

"What's wrong?" He stopped.

"Jionni move!" Melissa screamed.

Tackling him, the sounds of multiple gunshots rang out.

There was silence. Next, the sounds of shoe steps.

"Get the drugs!" One of the gunmen ordered.