Chapter 18 - Black Sheep.

"So is this wassup, Jionni?" D'juan smiled as he looked Jionni's way. "This who you been bringin' around us?"

Melissa started backing away as Jionni jogged over there.

"Aye y'all, chill the fuck out!" Jionni scoffed. "It ain't even that serious!"

"Bringin' a snitch 'round here ain't serious, Jionni?" Chevy scowled at him, placing his hand out. "Since when was that shit aight?"

"It was one stupid suspension in the beginning of the year and you guys are still bothered by it? Grow up." Melissa growled. "And you guys obviously didn't care about me being around when I had on a cap and so now it's all of a sudden World War III?"

"If you can snitch on my boy D'juan over some shit at school you really think that you won't snitch on us if you see some rowdy shit?" Ross scoffed. "Once a rat, always a fuckin' rat!"

"The kid was picking on me!" Melissa scowled. "What else was I supposed to do?"

Jionni stood by Melissa as D'juan stepped away from the two.

"I ain't hangin' round you Jionni if you ridin' wit her." D'juan said in a serious tone.

Chevy, Ross, and Jay slowly walked over with D'juan as they shook their heads at Jionni and Melissa.

"Oh, real shit?" Jionni said in a serious tone. "Das how y'all all feel?"

"Yeah man." Chevy nodded. "To be real."

Jionni's face went blank as he tucked his lips in, bowed his head, and turned to Melissa. She looked back at him as he grabbed her hand and brushed past the others.

"Well fuck it." Jionni said as he and Melissa walked off. "Let's go to my crib den, Lissa."

Though it didn't seem like it bothered Jionni that much that he lost his friends, Melissa could tell that it got to him a little. While they were at the house, Jionni did nothing but laid back onto his mattress and stared up at his ceiling fan. Melissa grabbed two pillows, standing over him.

"You want a pillow?" Melissa asked.

Jionni didn't answer at first, then he decided to speak.

"Fuck it." Jionni shrugged, talking in a bummed tone. "Why not...."

Melissa tossed one onto his bed and tossed one on the other side for herself, lying back onto the pillow.

"Well, at least I won't have to worry about putting on that stupid cap anymore." Melissa sighed, plopping onto the bed.

Jionni didn't say anything. Melissa turned to him, looking down.

"Are you alright?" Melissa asked.

Jionni took a deep breath, then slowly exhaled.

"Dem niggas been my friends since I was a lil nigga..." Jionni said in a disappointed tone. "I'm 'eem more hurt about Juan cause dats 'sposed to be my family. Nigga sold me ou-"

"They're not really your friends if they'll stop being your friend just because you're friends with someone that they don't wanna be friends with."

Jionni turned to Melissa, giving her a funny look.

"What the fuck you just say?" Jionni chuckled.

"I don't know.." Melissa snorted as they both started laughing. "I was trying to be a little too deep."

"You sum' else, Lissa...."

Melissa paused again, turning to Jionni's pocket. The handle of his gun was sticking out of his pants.