Chapter 53 - Prom King.

Melissa stormed out with Chase in the back of the school, tugging him and holding his arm as she took the both of them to her limo.

"Woah! Melissa!" Chase asked as the sound of his dress shoes clicking on the cement repeated themselves. "Where are we going?"

"Home." Melissa growled as she opened the door. "Get in."

"What?"

"GET IN!!" She yelled at him.

Chase placed his hand up and got into the car as Melissa got in behind him, shutting the door and looking up at the limo driver.

"Just take us home, sir." Melissa sighed as she tossed her purse onto the ground.

Chase looked up at the driver as he gave them a surprised look, pulling out of the school. Chase leaned forward, looking at Melissa.

"Melissa, I told you that I was fi-"

"I don't care. That asshole ruined my prom and embarrassed the BOTH of us in front of everybody!" Melissa yelled. "I am really getting tired of Jionni's bullshit! I am!"

"Okay I understand that but Melissa we can't go straight home. Not to my house or your house!" Chase continued. "Our parents are gonna figure out that something went wrong. Now do you really want that, ESPECIALLY knowing how your parents are?"

Chase had a point. Melissa kept her arms folded as she gazed out of the window.

"So where do you wanna go?" Melissa asked.

Chase and Melissa chose to go to a local Pizza Hut, sharing a medium sized pizza along with some breadsticks. Though it was a sucky prom, Melissa could never go wrong with eating and being with Chase to pass the time. Meanwhile, Jionni stood in the bathroom wrapping ice around his bloody knuckles. D'juan walked inside of the bathroom, giving him a disappointed look.

"Nigga, what da' hell was allat about?" D'juan asked, pointing his thumb at the door and looking up at him.

"Nothin." Jionni scoffed, taping his knuckles.

"You know yo' date left, right?"

"Fuck her. I ain't 'eem know her." Jionni answered. "Da only reason why I came wit' ha ass is because y'all brought 'er."

D'juan scrunched his eyebrows at him, slowly shaking his head.

"Nah. You only came wit' ha because Melissa had a date." D'juan said.

Jionni continued to run his knuckles under the water, not saying anything to him.

"Psh. How you gone let a female fuck up yo' prom night?" D'juan laughed. "Shit you can sit in here n' mope. I'm 'bout to get my date drunk so I can fuck ha. You have fun, nigga."

Jionni leaned over the sink, rubbing his face and looking himself in the mirror.

"Get yoself togetha, Jionni." He whispered to himself, bowing his head. "You losin' it."

When Melissa got home around 1am, the only person that was there was Rosa. It was obvious that Maria and Rodrigo was working late shifts each. Rosa slowly walked down the stairs, smiling as she held onto the rail.

"How'd your prom go?" Rosa smiled as Melissa took off her heels, cutting on the light.

"Fine. Until the middle of it..." Melissa groaned.

"Awh." Rosa whined as she sat at the end of the stairs. "What happened?"

Melissa paused, then let her grandmother have it.