Chapter 4

Chapter 4

I arrived at Christina's apartment, unsure of what this was going to be about. It's probably about how she needs to take me shopping, I thought to myself. I knocked on the door and she let me in. I took a seat on her couch and waited for her to begin. Then Will walked in the room.

"Since he's here," I said, gesturing to Will. "I take it that this isn't about shopping." Both Will and Christina laughed. Then Christina spoke.

"No, this isn't about shopping at all." She paused, thinking. "Well, actually, I will be dragging you with me to go shopping later on." She smiled at Will.

"Ok, what is this about?" I asked, confused.

Christina turned to Will. "Do you want to tell her or should I?" A thought popped into my head, and before Will could respond, I exclaimed.

"Are you pregnant?" Christina nodded.

By the time I left Christina's, it was pretty late. We talked a lot about babies. I probably would've stayed longer if Christina hadn't asked me when Tobias, Four to her, and I were going to have a baby. That question just made me uncomfortable. I've never seen myself having children. I left shortly afterwards.

I had just turned down the hallway to my apartment when I stopped. Tesa and Rachel were standing in front of my apartment door. Quickly, and quietly, I backed around the corner, trying to listen to their conversation.

Tesa, he's with Six. You can't change that." I heard Rachel say.

"What does that ugly midget have on me? Tesa exclaimed. "I am way prettier than she is!"

"Four is obviously not focused on looks, and she's not that bad." Rachel argued. I was busy wondering why she was sticking up for me.

"I don't care," Tesa stated, standing her ground. "I will have him. Even if that means I have to get 'rid' of Six."

"Well, I'm not helping you," Rachel said. "as hot as Four maybe, he showed me that he is dangerous and he scares me. I think you should just let him stick with Six." Then I heard footsteps, coming in my direction. I had nowhere to hide. When the on comer turned the corner, I lunged at her and covered her mouth with my hand.

"Shh," I told her. "I'm not going to hurt you." When she finally calmed down enough, I removed my hand from her mouth. Explanations came tumbling out of it.

The sum of what Rachel had told me was that Tesa would stop at nothing to get Four. And that she was planning on going in our apartment to 'convince' him that she is better than me.

"how does she plan on getting in?" I asked Rachel.

"She's really good at picking locks." She explained. "and what was on your hand? It cut my lip."

"Sorry. It was my wedding ring." I told her.

"You and Four are married?" she exclaimed. I nodded. "I didn't know that. And I'm really sorry I couldn't stop Tesa. Ever since she saw Four, she started acting different. I don't like it. I'm not sure if I want to be friends with her anymore."

"it's ok." I said, trying my best to soothe her. "If you don't think you two should be friends anymore, then don't be. Just focus on training and making it in to Dauntless. And don't complain as much and do what your instructors tell you." I smiled at her and she smiled back at me.

"Thanks for the advice Six." She walked away, back to the dorms.

Tesa was nowhere to be seen, so I assumed that she either heard me and Rachel and left, or was already in my apartment. I walked to the door and grabbed the handle, not sure of what I'd see inside.