Chapter 34

Chapter 34

As Tobias and I walked back to the apartment, we ran into Christina. Tobias shot her a cold glare, and I was confused on why.

"Hey Tris!" she said cheerfully.

"Hey Christina," I returned. "It's been awhile."

She looked a bit guilty. "Yeah. Sorry I didn't come and see you when you were in the infirmary. I was angry." Christina glanced at Tobias. It was quick, but I caught it.

I looked at him as I asked, "Why?"

Christina opened her mouth to explain, but Tobias cut you off. "You were in the infirmary for almost five hours, and I hadn't seen either her or Uriah. I walked over to her apartment and confronted her. I asked how she didn't see anything happen, since she was so close to us. I accused her of being too attached to Will's face to be focusing on her hurt best friend."

My gaze went from him, to Christina, and back again. I was angry at Christina for letting her anger at Tobias keep her from being with her best friend. But I was angry at Tobias for yelling at her like that.

"You both are so immature," I said. They both looked down, obviously knowing that I was right. I tugged on Tobias' hand, trying to get him to follow me. Before we left, I turned my head and said, "Nice bump Christina."

She blushed and continued on her way.

The rest of the walk was filled with meaningless chatter. We talked about nothing in particular, the subject was constantly changing. It was around seven o'clock. Too early for sleep. So Tobias and I stayed up for a while, sitting on the couch in silence. Tobias' long fingers were moving all around my flat stomach. It was kind of relaxing. But also a bit unnerving.

"When do you think you'll start showing?" Tobias whispered in my ear.

"Well, Christina is three months and she has a bump. So in about a month, maybe a month and a half I assume." I estimated. "Maybe a little less."

Tobias said no more. Instead, he began to plant light kisses on my jaw and neck. He was still rubbing my stomach as well. I turned into him, as if I was trying to bury myself in his chest. And that's how I fell asleep.

*Page Break*

-4 days later-

The next couple days passed by with a bit of havoc. The members of Dauntless found out why Jason, Elena, Gwen, and Bella were here. Max had trouble calming everyone down, but with the help of Tobias and myself, he managed to stop their protests. Even though they didn't like, they would have to deal with it for a while.

I also found out why Max and Jason despise each other so much. Max and Jason were indeed close friends. But they also happened to be after the same girl. The girl, however, fell for Jason. They dated for a while, and even though it tore Max apart, he put on a brave face and stuck by Jason. The girl was more in love with Jason than he was with her. Apparently, he wanted to break off their relationship, but he didn't have the guts to do it. So he figured that since his aptitude was Erudite, he'd go there and everything would be fine. But he broke that girl's heart. He didn't tell her he was transferring. Max tried to console her, but nothing would work. She ended up throwing herself into the Chasm to quit her suffering. Max then swore he would never forgive Jason.

The anger between the two men made it a bit hard to work with them. They never spoke to each other. They only made small references.

But, besides the slight upset with the members, everything has been going quite smoothly. There were no fights or problems so far. There was obviously jealousy from Bella, but she hasn't acted upon it yet. And for that, I was thankful.