Chapter 18

Chapter 18

The next morning, the first thing I did when I woke up was run to the bathroom. The morning sickness was finally starting to affect me. Christina said that, to her, this was the worst part about being pregnant. Right now, I can't say that I disagree. It was horrible.

I must've been making a lot of noise, because the next thing I knew, Tobias was at my side, holding my hair and rubbing my back.

When I finally finished, I cleaned up and walked back to the bed, flopping down on my back.

"You okay?" asked Tobias.

"Yeah," I said. "Morning sickness sucks though."

He just nodded, and then wrapped his arms around me. "Today's visiting day," he noted. "Are you up for it?"

"I'll be fine," I told him. "If anything, I can just leave if I don't feel okay." We lay down together for a while longer before getting dressed. After that we set out for the Pit. The initiates we already there, even though the few parents would show up wouldn't be here for another ten minutes. The Dauntless-born's parents were there, congratulating them on being able to stay in Dauntless. As time went by, a few parents trickled in. Either a single parent or maybe both.

A woman that looked exactly like Mike came in, looking quite confused. As soon as she saw Mike though, she looked extremely happy.

Tesa's parents had come. Her mom had the same exact figure and features. It looked as if her dad had nothing to do with the making of her. They didn't embrace each other. It looked like her parents wanted nothing to do with her. Why did they even come then? Will and Lauren were standing next to us, and like Tobias and I, observing the initiates carefully. A couple parents came up to them, asking about their child's progress. Only one parent, Jessie's dad, a balding man with the same blue eyes as his daughter, came up to us.

He badgered us with questions about his daughter. He was so intent on her being the best it was kind of frightening. Jessie, who was beside him, was looking at the floor. When Mike walked over and kissed her on the cheek, I thought all hell was about to break loose. The way her father looked at him, if looks could kill, Mike would be dead in a heartbeat. Thankfully, he didn't say anything, he just walked away.

"Sorry about him," said Jessie, sounding a little embarrassed. "He's a little obsessive when it comes to winning. Not your typical Amity. He's usually very laid back actually."

I just smiled at her and she walked away, hand in hand with Mike.

This made me want to hold hands with Tobias. So that's what I did. He wanted more though. He pulled me into a hug and kissed the top of my head.

"Let's leave," I whispered. "This is boring."

I grabbed his hand and led him to our special spot. We sat down and I leaned his head on my shoulder.

"I love you," he said.

"I love you too," I told him. I put my hand on my still flat stomach. "And I guess I can love you too." Tobias laughed softly.

"What do you want it to be?" he asked.

"I don't know." I answered truthfully. "I think I'd rather have a boy." When I imagined our baby, I saw a little dirty blonde haired boy with the same deep blue eyes as his father.

"Really?" Tobias sounded surprised. "I want a little girl with dirty blonde hair and light blue eyes. I want a little girl like you, strong, brave, and amazing. So I can have a pretty little girl and a beautiful wife."

I blushed, but wondered why he'd want her to look like me. I wasn't even remotely pretty, even though he tells me I am. "No, girls are too hard to deal with. I wouldn't be able to handle her."

"I guess you're right. Girls are tricky. Especially ones like you." He said. I playfully punched him in the arm. He made a face that expressed fake pain. He pulled me onto his lap and made a fake groan. "God you're getting heavy!"

I punched him a little harder, still playful though. "I am not!" I protested. "I'm not even showing!"

"I know, I know!" he said. "I'm just joking." We didn't talk for a while. We just sat there and Tobias played with my hair, failing epically at his attempts to make a braid.

"Well well well, isn't this cute," growled a voice. It was Tesa. "Preggo little Six, and Four, her husband who is way out of her league."

"I'm pretty sure this isn't baseball Tesa." said Tobias, mocking her. She frowned.

"Very funny," she said angrily. "Want to know what else is funny? You two getting shot in the face!" She pulled out a hand gun and aimed it at us.

"Tesa!" said a voice. This distraction gave Tobias just enough time to get the gun out of her hand. The person whom the voice belonged to came closer so we could see them. It was Eric. Why would he stop her? He hates both Tobias and me. He would cheer if we got shot. "Now Tesa," he began. "Come with me. We need to talk. Almost shooting your instructors is a very bad thing. You deserve some punishment." He grabbed her by the wrist and pulled her away.

"What just happened?" I asked, stunned.

"I have no clue," said Tobias. "I thought Eric would have loved to see us get shot." I stood up, still in complete disbelief. Tobias got up too, and started to walk the same way Eric and Tesa had. I followed closely behind. As we continued to walk, I started to hear voices. It sounded like they were coming from one of the control rooms. I couldn't hear everything, but I heard enough.

"Why… stop me… killing them?" said a furious Tesa.

"You'll get… chance… I… plan to…. later on…" said Eric.

"Why… not just… now?" asked Tesa.

"Later… kill… Tris though…. When… more pregnant… pain… Four." explained Eric.

So basically Eric is trying to kill me when I'm further along just to cause Tobias a hell of a lot of pain. Tobias grabbed my hand and led me away from the door. What Eric didn't know is that I'd be ready.