Chapter 15

Chapter 15

The next morning when I woke up, Tobias wasn't there. I wasn't worried though. He was probably just preparing for the rankings, and I think today was supposed to be visiting day. Or was it tomorrow? I don't know. I got up and looked at the clock. It was only 7:15. What was Tobias doing?

Just then, Tobias walked through the day. In his hand was a muffin. He tossed it over to me.

"Thanks," I said, nibbling at the top of the muffin.

"No problem." He replied. "When are you going to tell Christina?"

Crap. I had forgotten all about that. I even forgot the reason I even have to talk about. How, I didn't know.

"I guess I'll do it once I get dressed." I said. "But you're coming with me."

Tobias groaned. "Noooo. Please don't make me."

"No choice," I said laughing. "This involves you too so you are coming with. Will was with Christina when she told me."

"But that's Will," He was acting lie a little kid. "He was actually excited when he found out. Christina wasn't in a coma when he found out. And he actually planned on having children. Neither of us did."

I was still laughing. "Being in a coma has nothing to do with telling Christina. I know you didn't find out in a good situation. But you are still coming with."

I was only in a loose t-shirt and some shorts but I didn't care. Christina wouldn't care. I grabbed Tobias hand and dragged him out of our apartment.

Tobias finally gave in and stopped struggling. When we got to Christina's apartment, I knocked on the door obnoxiously.

"What?" said an aggravated Christina. "Oh, it's just you Tris," Her anger immediately evaporated. She gestured for us to come in. As we got settled in, she spoke again. "Now what brings you guys here? Usually it's just Tris, never Tris accompanied by her hubby."

"Well, something has come up," I said slowly.

"What is it?" She sounded a little worried.

I smiled at her, hoping she'd pick it up. But, I set my hopes a little too high. I really didn't want to say it, because then I'd feel a little scared since it's actually happening. I tried to give another hint by looking at Tobias, and then me. When this didn't work Tobias took over. He put one arm around my shoulders, then placed one on my stomach. I looked down and blushed. Christina wasn't saying anything. Then, it was like a bomb had just dropped.

"OH MY GOD!" she screamed. "TRIS! YOURE HAVING A BABY! OH MY GOD! I THOUGHT YOU WERENT EVER GOING TO HAVE ONE!" She ran up to me and hugged me fiercely.

"Ow Christina ow." I said. She backed off. "Sorry, still a bit sore. Just got attacked you know."

"Sorry," she said. "I'm just so excited! You kept saying that you weren't going to have a child so I just got so excited. When did you plan on telling me you wanted a baby?"

"Never," I said truthfully. "We didn't plan this. Neither of us were really," I paused, searching for a suitable word. "Excited about this."

"Oh," Christina said. "Well, when did this happen?"

"Honeymoon," Tobias said. "The one time…"

"It only takes one time," said a laughing Christina.

I looked at the clock on the wall. It said 7:45. "Crap," I said. "We gotta go. See ya later Christina."

And with that, Tobias and I walked out. On our way back to our apartment, Tobias picked me up and slung me over his shoulder.

"Tobias," I said during a fit of giggles. "Put me down!"

"No," he said stubbornly. "You made me come with so I'm not letting you down."

I just laughed. "Ok, fair enough." When we got in the apartment, I quickly put on some clothes and fixed my hair. I didn't have enough time to worry about makeup.

As we walked to the training room I asked, "Should we tell the initiates? Or let them figure it out?"

"I think we should let them figure it out," replied Tobias. "I'm not in the mood to reveal it again. It just makes it seem real. And they'll probably find out anyway because Christina doesn't know how to keep her mouth shut." I laughed.

"True," I said. "We probably should have told her not to tell anyone." Tobias nodded.

When we walked into the training room, we found that the all the initiates, even the Dauntless-born were already waiting for us. Their faces were filled with excitement and fear. Of course they would be. They were about to find out if they were going to get to stay here or have to become factionless. A couple of them probably knew that they would be staying, for they had never lost a fight.

Tobias and I had made the list last night. Will had given us a lot of information on how his initiates were doing. And, since Will was here, we would run the list by him. As soon as we walked in, all eyes were on us. Will and Lauren came up to meet us. We gave them the list and they looked it over. They told us that they were in agreement on the order. they also introduced us to the Dauntless-born. Their names were Hawk, Ashley, AJ, Lily, Naomi, Sheldon, Kaleb, and River. Tobias then walked over to the board and started writing down the names. The initiates looked at the board anxiously as Tobias started writing.

Jordan

River

Jessie

Hawk

Lily

Emily

AJ

Mike

Ryan

Ashley

Dylan

Sheldon

Rachel

Tesa

Kaleb

Naomi

Kyle

Amber

One by one the initiates relaxed, relieved that their names weren't at the very bottom. I had guessed from the beginning that Kyle wouldn't make it, but I was kind of hoping that Amber would somehow pull through. Now they were factionless, along with Kaleb and Naomi. Kaleb was big and stocky. He reminded me of Al. The thought of him made me queasy. Naomi was dark skinned and very slim. They were either a couple or good friends because as soon as they found out they were now factionless, they hug each other tightly, and when they broke apart, they kept their hands connected.

The rest of the group, however, was extremely happy. Mike and Jessie were busy kissing. Jordan and Emily were hugging. Tesa was looking grumpy for being so close to the bottom. Dylan was giving a random Dauntless-born a high five. And what threw me off guard was Rachel and Ryan. They were kissing each other fiercely. I hadn't even known they were together. I elbowed Tobias and pointed at them. He smiled, and pressed his lips to my forehead. I frowned.

"What?" he asked, noticing my upset facial expression.

I grabbed his hand and pulled him into the hallway. "That wasn't a proper kiss," I said to him. I pulled his face down to mine and showed him how to do it right. It was a passionate and hungry kiss at the same time. I knew the initiates were watching through the window, but I didn't care. Ignoring their whistling, I deepened the kiss. Tobias' hand went to the small of my back.

Just then, somebody cleared their throat. Tobias and I turned to face them.

"What do you think you're doing Four?"