Chapter 32

Chapter 32

"Hey Tris," Tobias said in an angry tone.

He glared at me with a lot of intensity. His look was very intimidating, but I refused to back down.

"Hey," I said back.

"You went." He observed.

"Yes I did." I replied. "And I don't regret it."

He was still staring me down. And I still refused to look away first.

"Did you find out anything?" he asked me. This was a surprise. I thought he was going to scold me for still going. Not question me on what information I gathered. I looked at him quizzically.

"Just because I didn't want you to go, doesn't mean I still don't want to know the news." He said.

"The other factions think that Dauntless is going to try and take over the government." I revealed.

Tobias stood there in silence. It was like I could see the gears turning in his head. He was thinking of possible things to make them think that. I think he was having trouble coming up with any.

"The only thing that could give them that impression would be when Eric tried to team up with Jeanine." He said. "But that was a couple years ago. And Eric's dead. So what is the trigger?"

"I have no idea," We stood in silence for a couple minutes. In that silence, I decided to tell Tobias about the other half of the conversation with my dad. "The people aren't the only thing I talked to my dad about."

"It wasn't?" Tobias asked, puzzled.

"No," I told him. "I also talked about us."

"Did you tell him about the baby?" he questioned.

I nodded. "He wasn't happy about us being married or about the baby. That's when he told him to leave."

He embraced me for the first time today. "We'll go and talk to him together. As soon as the train gets back to the Abnegation sector. He can't just shut you out like that." He assured me.

It was a good thing our talk lasted awhile. Mostly due to the silence. But we were soon back in the Abnegation sector.

We jumped off the train together. The walk to my parents' house was silent. Our hands were interlocked and our heads were down. We figured people wouldn't recognize us, but we'd rather be safe than sorry.

This time Tobias knocked. Once again, my mother answered the door. She looked a little puzzled to see me again. Especially since Tobias was with me.

"Are you here to talk your father again?" she asked quietly.

We both nodded.

"Sit down and I'll go get him."

We sat down next to each other at the kitchen table. When my father walked in, he immediately stiffened. Tobias being here obviously didn't sit well with him. But he did indeed sit down with us.

"Hello again Beatrice. Tobias." He said.

"Hello Mr. Prior." Both Tobias and I agreed that he would do most of the talking. "I assume you know what we are here to talk about." My father nodded. "Tris told me that you did not approve of our marriage. Or the fact that we are expecting a child."

"Honestly, I don't approve of either." My dad revealed. "I think you are too young to be married and especially too young to be having a child. And I also don't approve of the fact that you," he directed his voice towards Tobias. "Went against Abnegation and your father and transferred to Dauntless. You let your Marcus get attacked by lies."