Chapter 28

Chapter 28

Tobias P.O.V

After the ranks were showed, Mike and Jessie came over to us. Jessie wrapped Tris in a hug.

"Congratulations!" I yelled at Mike.

"Thanks!" he shouted back. "You two are amazing instructors!"

I nodded at him in gratitude. When Tris broke off the hug, she looked confused. She looked down. My eyes followed hers. There was blood on her thighs. She gave me a scared look. Then her eyes rolled back and she collapsed.

Something was going horribly wrong. Jessie was staring at the heap on the ground that was Tris. Mike was shouting at people to get back. I picked Tris up and carried her to the infirmary. That place seemed to be her home lately.

I just hoped this would be like the last couple times. In and out in a couple days. Last time she wasn't even in there for a day.

Maybe they missed something when she was in there. Maybe there had been some internal damage.

Jessie and Mike came with me as I brought Tris into the infirmary.

Doctor Hart was standing at the front desk. When he turned around, shcock was present on his face. "What happened?" he asked.

"I don't know!" I exclaimed. "She just started bleeding!"

"Ok," he said. "Just calm down. We're going to see what the problem is." I set Tris on a bed and they took her away. Jessie was still in shock. She has been still as a rock. Mike was trying to talk to her, but it was like she didn't hear him. I knew how to deal with this because it just happened to Tris. When Al jumped she was like this.

I walked up to Mike and told him to hug her. That was probably going to be the only way to help her relax. He listened to me and wrapped his arms around her. She returned the hug and silent tears started falling down her face. I could hear Mike whispering encouraging words into her ear.

I sat down against the wall and put my head in my hands. Why was this happening? Why couldn't we just have a chance to start our family? Was it not meant to be? This situation was so overwhelming. What was wrong with just wanting a happy life?

This was pushing me over te edge. Everytime something seemed to be going our way, something happened and screwed it up again.

I sat against the wall for what seemed like hours. After awhile, Jessie and Mike sat against the wall next to me.

"How long have we been here?" asked Jessie. I just shrugged my shoulders. Something was surprising me though. Why hasn't Christina been in here? Or Uriah? They were supposed to be her bestfriends. But they werennt here. Two former initiates that we have only known for a couple weeks were here. Did those two not know what happened? How could they not have?

I pushed myself of the ground and started towards the exit.

"Where are you going?" asked Mike.

"To find out where Tris' friends are," I told him. I stormed out of the infirmary. First I headed for Christina and Will's apartment. I pounded my fist against the door.

"Coming!" I heard from inside the apartment. Christina opened the door. "Hey Four. What do you need? Is Tris with you?" she asked.

"No," I said, trying to contain my anger. "Tris is not with me. Didn't you see what happened earlier? Didn't you see a big crowd go silent and surround a tiny area? Or were you too busy being attached to Wills face?"

"I can kiss my husband whenever I want Four!" she exclaimed.

"How could you be so absorbed in that to not notice what was going on. You were pretty close to us." I seethed.

"Sorry that I like to kiss my husband sometimes!" she yelled at me. "Why don't you just leave!" Christina slammed the door.

"Just to let you know." I houted into the apartment. "Tris is in the infirmary! And two initiates she barely knows are in there waiting for news instead of her so-called bestfriend!"

*Page Break*

I left to find Uriah right after I yelled at Christina. She never came back out of her apartment, but I guess I didn't really wait that long. I fortunately came across Uriah as I was walking to his apartment.

"Hey Four," he said. "Did something happen to Tris? I heard from some initiate that some blonde chick collapsed right after they showed the ranks."

"That was Tris," I said.

"Is she ok?" he asked, concerned.

"I don't know," I answered truthfully. "I was just coming to find you and see if you knew. I thought her bestfriends should be told since I hadn't seen them in the infirmary. "

"I'm sorry man," he said. "I didn't know it was Tris."

"It's alright." I told him. "I just flipped on Christina,"

"Why?" he asked.

"Because she was close to us when it happened." I began. "But she was to busy kissing Will to know what was happening."

"Wow," was all he said. Together, we walked back to the infirmary. When we arrived, Christina still wasn't there. Not that I really cared.

Jessie and Mike were now standing. They looked like they were in a deep conversation. Was it about Tris?

"Did you guys hear anything?" I asked.

"I was just coming out to tell you." That was Doctor Hart.

"How's Six?" asked Jessie. Doctor Hart looked momentarily confused. He mustve realized that Six and Tris were the same person because he soon regained his composure.

"Six is doing fine," he revealed. "It's the baby im worried about." My heart began to sink. Our baby was dead. "There was a small tear in Six's uterus that we missed. It got a little bigger and that's where the blood came from. We managed to reapir the damage. We are doing an ultrasound in a little bit to see if the baby is alright. I'm hopeful, but I'm not promising anything."

Hope surged through me. My baby might not be dead! Knowing Tris was fine and possinly the baby was so relieving.

"Do you know what caused the tear to get bigger?" asked Mike.

"It could've been anything." said Doctor Hart. "She could've slept wrong and did something. It could've even been a hug. We will most likely never know." And with that, he turned and walked away.

I looked at Mike and Jessie, expecting to see happiness. But instead, Jessie looked mortified.

"Jessie?" I asked. "Whats wrong?"

"I think I caused this," she whispered.

I remembered how Jessie and Tris shared a hug after they showed the rankings. Doctor Hart said a hug could've caused the tear to get bigger. Tris started to bleed after she broke the hug.

"Jessie," Mike said, trying to soothe her. "This was not your fault."

"Yeah," I said, backing Mike up, also letting Jessie know that I didn't blame her. "The tear was already there. It could've been anything,"

"But it happened after I hugged her." Jessie argued. "The doctor just said it could've been a hug."

"Jessie, listen to me." I said. "This was not your fault. It was Tesa's. Blame her. She started this whole thing. You mustn't blame yourself for something you didn't do."

Jessie didn't say anything more. She just held her head up and wiped the tears off her face.

Doctor Hart returned once more.

"She's asking for you three," he said, gesturing to Jessie, Mike, and I.

We followed him into her room. I stopped him in the doorway. "What did the ultrasound say?" I asked him.

"She wanted to tell you," Doctor Hart gave me a weak smile. It didn't make me feel very good.

"Four?" a quiet voice said. I rushed into the room.

"I'm here," I assured her.

"Our baby," she began. "Its alright. Our baby's ok! Doctor Hart said that the tear didn't disrupt anything!"