Chapter 6

Chapter 6

I was looking at the fight list Tobias had made and I was pretty satisfied. The fights planned for today would be interesting

Jessie vs. Tesa

Michael vs. Kyle

Dylan vs. Jordan

Ryan vs. Amber

Emily vs. Rachel

I put it on the wall and stepped back to let the initiates see it. Some looked hopeful, some looked excited, and some looked plain scared. Tobias called Tesa and Jessie into the arena, and set them loose. Tesa was smiling like this was going to be the easiest things in the world. I, however, knew otherwise. Tesa might be bigger and stronger, but she is cocky, lazy, and arrogant. Jessie, on the other hand, was quicker, smarter, and didn't flaunt her skills.

Tesa threw a lazy punch, which Jessie dodged very easily. She gave Tesa a quick jab right to the nose and backed away right after. Tesa's eyes flared with anger. She rushed at Jessie, trying to knock her on the ground. Jessie just ducked under her, pushing her slightly to make her lose her balance. While Tesa was disoriented, Jessie kicked her legs out from under her, making her fall to the floor. She punched her several times in the face, then backed off. Tesa was lying there, unconscious, in a small pool of her own blood.

After Ryan dragged Tesa to the infirmary, Michael and Kyle stepped into the arena. The two were pretty evenly matched. They were about the same size, Kyle being just a little stockier. That might slow him down though. They circled each other for a bit. Kyle struck first, a quick, hard jab to the jaw. Michael retaliated with a hard right hook. Kyle swung again, using his left, but Michael ducked. He punched Kyle in the gut, but it didn't do anything at all. Kyle kicked Michael is the side, then elbowed him in the nose. Michael swung lazy punch after lazy punch, hoping one would connect with flesh. On the fifth or sixth one, Michael managed to hit Kyle. It hit him in the right spot, and Kyle crumpled. One lucky punch and Michael had won. Next up was Dylan and Jordan.

This fight didn't last long. Right away, Dylan rushed at Jordan, but he merely side stepped it. In the process, he tripped Dylan. One hard punch and Dylan was out like a light.

The fight between Ryan and Amber took a little longer. Ryan was still trying to find the perfect technique, so he wasn't completely comfortably with the way he was holding himself. And Amber, even though she didn't look it, was pretty tough. Just not tough enough. She managed to get in a few good hits, but Ryan eventually one. I think that this was one of the fairest fights I had ever seen.

I wasn't really sure how the fight between Rachel and Emily would go. Emily was strong and fast, but Rachel was also strong, somewhat fast, and pretty smart. Rachel got in the first hit, but Emily got in the next three or four. Rachel, as weak as she was getting, wasn't giving up, and I admired her for it. She somehow got in a few more hits, but soon fell.

Page Break

After training was over, Tobias and I went back to the apartment to make the list of fights for tomorrow. The order was:

Tesa vs. Ryan

Jessie vs. Dylan

Michael vs. Amber

Emily vs. Jordan

Kyle vs. Rachel

I was really excited to see the fight between Emily and Jordan. My excitement was interrupted by some loud voices in the hallway. I opened my door and peered out. Should've known, I thought to myself. It was Tesa. But instead of ranting to Rachel, like she used to, she was ranting to Amber, of all people.

"I'm going to make Jessie pay for embarrassing me," she was saying.

"Does this mean you're done trying to get back at Six?" Amber asked hesitantly.

"For now," Tesa grumbled. "I'd still do anything to get my hands around her throat though. And on her beloved husband." Amber just sighed.

"How are you going to get back at Jessie?" she questioned. "It doesn't look like it would be very easy to get her angry, or even a little upset."

"Well, anyone can tell that Michael is padding after her like a puppy. And I'm pretty sure that Jessie has to have some feelings back." Tesa explained. "So, I'll just kiss Michael right in front of her. It won't be hard and it'll get the job done. Jessie will be mad, and I'll have my revenge. Michael won't be able to resist me." Amber just shook her head. I wonder why she's even talking to Tesa if she doesn't agree with anything she's doing.

I was disgusted. Tesa just couldn't stand to not be on top of this pyramid of girls. She had to be Miss I'm Better Than All of You. I went back in my apartment and told Tobias what I had just heard. He was as disgusted as I was. Immediately after Tobias put his arms around me, I felt better. The way he kissed me and hugged me made it easy to forget about life for a while. Tobias was my escape from reality.