Chapter 27

Jessie P.O.V

Today is Fear Landscape day. It started off like a normal day though. I got up at 6 o'clock. My brain is wired to wake me up at that time every single morning. It got quite annoying at times. But sometimes it did help. I felt more awake than the others when we would start training.

I did my normal morning routine. I got up, put on something black, put my hair into a ponytail, and brushed my teeth. I lay back down on my bed and waited for the minutes to trickle by.

After a while, I started to drift into a light sleep. Then, someone whispered, "Jessie? You up?"

The voice startled me so bad that I jumped and hit my forehead on the bunk. "Dammit," I muttered, rubbing my throbbing forehead. A head swung down from the bunk above me. It was Mike.

"Did you just hit your head?" he asked, a bit stupidly.

"Yeah," I told him. "Was that you whispering?"

"Yeah. I just wanted to see if you were awake," he said.

"Well I am," I said. "And now I have a headache,"

"Sorry," he said, laughing. He came down from the bunk and sat next to me, lacing his fingers with mine.

"How do you think you're going to do today?" He asked me.

"I think I'll do alright. I'm feeling pretty confident," I revealed. "You?"

"I'm confident as well." He said. "But what if one of us ends up not making it?" he asked shakily.

"I don't know,"

Tris P.O.V

I have one thing to say.

Morning sickness sucks.

Last night, I felt so nauseous; I went into the bathroom and stayed in there all night. I knew I would eventually throw up, so why worry about having to run to the toilet when you can just sit right next to it?

The problem was that I got no sleep. Sure I drifted off a couple times, but it never lasted very long. The bathroom floor is cold and hard. I had forgotten to grab a blanket and every time I tried to go get one, I almost fell over from the dizziness. I just decided to tough it out and freeze.

By the time my stomach had completely stopped churning, it was about 6:45. I got dressed and laid on the couch. Sleep continued to elude me. I was bored beyond belief, but I didn't want to disrupt Tobias.

When he finally got up, he asked, "How bad was it this time?"

"Well, let's just say that I know for a fact that it is impossible to fall asleep on the bathroom floor," I said.

"You were in there all night?" he questioned.

I nodded in response. He went into the bedroom and returned with the comforter from the bed. He placed it on me and kissed my forehead. "You have an hour," he whispered. And with that, he left the apartment. Where he was going, I didn't know. I was too far gone to think about it.

Tobias P.O.V

After I left the apartment, I decided to go for a stroll. I really wanted Tris to get the rest that she deserved. I just wish I could do something to help her. This pregnancy was really hitting her hard. Both physically and emotionally.

I decided to busy myself by trying to figure out who would be staying in Dauntless. I truly thought that Mike and Jessie would be staying. Possibly Ryan too. I also thought that Jordan, the boy who ranked first after stage one, might end up factionless. The simulations proved to be one of his weak spots.