Chapter 20

Chapter 20

"Why are we going to the Pit?" I asked Tobias. We had barely gotten out of our apartment before I started bombarding him with questions.

This was his answer for every single one. "I guess you'll just have to wait and find out." He also had this obnoxious smile on his face that made me want to punch him. I stopped in the middle of the hallway, refusing to go any further.

"What are you doing?" asked Tobias.

"I am not taking another step until you tell me what is going on," I said stubbornly.

He gave me a crooked grin. "That's just fine," he laughed. He walked over to me and scooped me into his arms. With a sigh, I gave up. I knew I wouldn't be able to get it out of him. Instead, I just let him carry me to our destination.

We were about to round a corner when two slim, dark objects came out of nowhere. One hit Tobias. The other one hit me. We both immediately sunk into darkness, Tobias dropping me in the process.

Eric P.O.V

I was just about to go to my apartment when Tesa appeared. "What do you want?" I snapped at her.

"I want to discuss our plan." She said. "I want it to be sooner."

"Why?" I asked.

"Because I think they heard us yesterday. After I left, I realized that they probably followed us. I think they know what we're planning to do and they'll be prepared."

My former Erudite mind was racing a mile a minute. This girl had a point. Four and Tris are too nosy for their own good. They most likely did follow Tesa and I yesterday, eager to see what would happen. But instead, they heard something they shouldn't have.

I opened my mouth to speak, but Tesa cut me off. "I have thought off a whole new plan." A new plan? Why couldn't we do the same one? We just wouldn't wait as long.

"What do you propose that we do?" I questioned intently.

"Just about ten minutes ago, I saw Will placing some envelopes down in random places. A woman walked up to him and asked what he was doing. I was nearby so I just decided to listen in. He said that he was doing something for Four. Apparently, he and Six are going to be there around 6:30. So I thought that I would tell you my idea."

"And your idea is?" I asked. I was starting to get impatient. I just wanted her to tell me already.

"We wait in a hallway that they will be walking down. But not where they can see us. We'd be around the corner. We would take some metal bars and knock them unconscious. Then, we would drag them to the basement. I scouted around down and realized that it would be perfect. No one usually goes down there. We would tie them to some chairs. The chairs would be positioned so that they are facing each other. Then we torture them, and eventually, kill them."

I ran her plan over in my mind. It was brilliant. I nodded my head, approving of her idea. "Are you sure you don't belong in Erudite?" I asked her. I was starting to like this girl. I realized this because I never give out compliments. Her cheeks started to get a bit red, so I took that as a good sign. I looked down at my watch. It was ten after six. "We had better be getting the hallway soon. And we still need to find some pipes." I informed her.

After rummaging around a bit, Tesa and I finally found our weapons. The pipes were a dark shade of gray and about one and a half feet long. By the time we got to our hiding spot, it was 6:20. And we didn't have to wait long. After about three minutes, we started to hear laughter. It definitely belonged to Four and Tris. I peeked around the corner. Four was carrying Tris bridal style. I told Tesa this and we got into position. As soon as they started to come into our limited view, we swung. Now it was time for the fun part.

Tris P.O.V

I slowly started to trickle into consciousness. My head was pounding with pain. I opened my eyes to find that I was in a dark room. I couldn't see two feet in front of me. I tried to move, but I couldn't. I was tightly bound to a chair with rope. My hands and ankles were bound with duct tape.

"Finally," said a voice that sounded familiar. "We've been waiting for you to wake up." I tried to place the voice. It was definitely a female. Whoever it was flipped a switch, and light flooded into the room, momentarily blinding me. I looked around to find my captor. It didn't take long.

My kidnapper was Tesa. And she wasn't alone.

A man stepped out of the shadows. This man was someone who I defied, but he still sent shivers down my spine. Eric.

That's when I realized there was someone infront of me. It was Tobias. He was also bound to a chair. He was awake, staring at me, his eyes filled with something I had never seen in his eyes before. Fear.

"What are you doing?" I yelled at Tesa and Eric.

"Well, we just thought that we'd like to have a little fun with you two." said an extremely excited Tesa. Eric said nothing. He just stood there, twirling a knife between his fingers. Tobias and I were in deep trouble. "Both of us have decided you have had enough time on this planet. Now your time is up. Even if one of you hasn't even begun to live."

Tesa was talking about my baby. She was going to kill me, and that meant she would kill my unborn child along with me. She was also going to kill Tobias. The man who loved me. The father of my baby. My husband of only a month and a half.

"Why?" Was all I could manage to get out.

Eric spoke. "Because we want to. We hate both of you so we decided to get rid of that hate. And that means getting rid of you two." He handed Tesa the knife. It looked like one of the knives you'd find in the training room. Tobias knew who she would go after first.

"NO!" he shouted. He tried to get the chair off the floor but it was bolted to the ground. His anger was taking hold of him. But try as he might, he couldn't break free. Tesa advanced on me.

"I am going to make this as painful as possible for you." She said to me. She was grinning like a maniac.

She placed the knife on my stomach. She didn't begin to cut me, but I screamed anyway. I wasn't afraid of dying. I was afraid for my baby. Even though I didn't even know him or her. Even though I never wanted them to begin with. Even though I didn't completely love them.

I mentally slapped myself. I had just admitted that I didn't want them. That I didn't love them. I was a monster. I hated myself. I should be cherishing this new life inside of me. No wonder I was in this situation. I was a horrible person.

Tesa stared at me intently. "You're right," she said. This confused me because I hadn't actually said anything. "I won't start there first."

My eyes filled with tears. I knew I wouldn't be able to stop them, so I just let them fall. I looked at Tobias to find that he stopped struggling. He was looking at me. His eyes filled with more fear than earlier. And there was something else. I couldn't quite determine what it was. That's when he mouthed to words that filled me with dread.

"Be brave Tris."

Tesa moved the blade to my arm, and started to slice.