Chapter 21

Chapter 21

I choked down a sob as Tesa started to cut into arm. The knife went deep into my skin, and I'm sure that if you would have held the wound open, you would have been able to see some bone. Tesa pulled the knife out and looked over at Tobias. I knew immediately that she was going to try and get physical with him. And I was right.

She sat down on his lap, and you could tell Tobias was disgusted. "Now's your chance to be with a real women Four." She said in her best seductive voice.

"You obviously need a reality check if you think you're a real women. A real women wouldn't kidnap and pregnant lady and try to torture her to death."

"I meant physically you idiot." Tesa snapped. She then pressed her lips to his. Tobias squirmed, trying so very hard to get his face away from hers. That's when she pressed the knife up to his throat. "Now, now Four. Don't be like that. You don't want my hand to accidently slip, do you?" She kissed him once again but he just turned his head. "Why do you have to be so difficult?" she shouted at him.

"We didn't take them to do this Tesa," said Eric, who was watching me with a look of pure disgust. "Finish what you have started over here. You can play later."

Tesa reluctantly climbed off of Tobias' lap and walked back over to me. I spat at her, and from that I earned a backhand to the cheek. My eyes only blazed with more anger. "That just lengthened the amount of torture you will receive. She cut off my shirt, revealing my bra, and advanced. She made tiny slits on my chest and sides. She also gave me another bone deep cut on my thigh. I couldn't help but cry out in pain. My face was wet with tears. And I was surprised to see that Tobias' was as well.

"I love you," I said to him. He just nodded. I don't think he could find the will to speak. His eyes never left my face as Tesa continued to cut me. At one point, Eric came over and I thought I was dead right then and there. Instead, he took the knife from Tesa and slashed my wrist, just like Peter had. But this was the wrist that had my tattoo on it. He cut the 4+6 right in half. I cried out again and he gave the knife back to Tesa. There was a clock on the wall that said 7:00. I have been enduring this for half an hour, but it felt much longer.

"I think I'll start on the stomach now." Tesa said, mostly to herself. "What do you think?" she asked Eric. He nodded blankly. I was surprised that he hadn't had much involvement in my torture. He must be waiting for something.

"Please don't," I pleaded. My body hurt all over. There was probably a cut on every square inch of my body. She even got parts of my back and face. I could feel the blood dripping down my chin.

"Too bad," she told me. She set the knife on my stomach, pressing down and revealing a thin line of blood. I knew if I struggled, Tesa would only make me suffer more, so I reluctantly sat still. I could still feel Tobias' eyes on my face. I just couldn't look at him though. I knew that if I did, I would fall apart. I would be far beyond repair. Just too even think about him being in that much emotional pain would almost destroy me.

Tesa moved the knife just below my belly button and cut deeper. It wasn't deep enough to penetrate anything so I knew that this would take a while. She repeated the process all over my stomach. I knew that it was all over for my baby when this maniacal grin started to appear on her face. She cut deeper than she had earlier and I screamed. I couldn't hold it in any longer.

Will P.O.V

I glanced at my watch. 6:59. Where was Four and Tris? They should've been here half an hour ago. I had placed all of Four's letters in their designated place. He was going to bring Tris to the center of the Pit after she had found all of his letters. All of the letter's had a location on them. But the last one was the most important. It had confessed everything that he loved about her, how he felt about her when hey first met, how she still takes his breath away every time he sees her. Christina thought it was the sweetest thing ever. I don't know why he decided to do this now, but I assume it has something to do with the baby though.

I decided to walk around and look for them. After a awhile, I looked at my watch again. 7:15. I guess I should head back to the Pit, I thought to myself. Maybe they'll be there now. I looked at the hallway I was in to see where I was. I didn't recognize it. There was a door that I assumed lead to a closet. I was about to walk away when I heard it.

A very faint scream.

I opened the door to find stairs. This door leads to the basement. I hurried down the stairs, trying to locate where the scream came from. There was another door and there was a light on in the other side. I quietly turned the handle. The door was locked. I decided to bust through the door, even though I didn't know what was on the other end.

I rammed my shoulder into the door frame and it immediately busted open. What I saw astounded me. In the room was Eric, Tris, Four and a transfer. I think her name was Tesa. Four looked unharmed, physically anyway. But Tris. Tris was bleeding all over. And Tesa was holding a knife.

Before Eric could recover from his shock from me bursting in, I punched him hard in the head, knocking him out. I knew that I was at a slight disadvantage against Tesa since she had a knife, but I felt that I could still beat her. I was a full grown Dauntless man and she was a sixteen year-old who was ranked very low.

I rushed at her and grabbed the arm that held the knife. I was able to wrench it out of her hand. I gave her the same blow as I had given Eric and she slumped to the ground. I first freed Four because I knew he would want to help get Tris. As I ran over to untie her, I realized she was slipping into unconsciousness; and she had a deep cut, directly in the center of her stomach. And when I say deep, I mean very deep.

Four and I looked at each other. We both had the exact same thought. The only way to save Tris and the baby was through speed. If she is not seen by a doctor in the next few minutes, the baby will most likely not make it.