Lions & Bears...& Ducks? Oh My!!!

"I wanna rabbit."

"You want a what?"

"I want a rabbit."

"Why do you want a rabbit?"

"Cause I can't have a bear."

Trying to hold in an incredulous laugh, JingYu ended up snorting. He would have laughed long and hard, if not for the completely serious look WeiZhou had on his face.

"Ho...how do get from wanting a bear to a rabbit? And what do you mean you want a bear?!"

"I was just thinking about how I'd like a pet that was different, something that not a lot of people would have, and I thought about when I went to the moon bear sanctuary, and how cute they were. The babies are so cuddly. But I know it's unreasonable to try to keep a bear as a pet, and I suddenly thought of rabbits."

JingYu couldn't decide if he was intrigued or shudderingly scared by this odd conversation.

"Zhou, you don't have time to take care of a cat. How would you take care of a rabbit? Much less a bear."

"I didn't say I was going to get one. I just said I wanted one," WeiZhou stated. "Why are you looking at me that way?"

"Do you realize how weird you are?"

"Yeah," WeiZhou smirked, "but you love me anyway."

JingYu begrudgingly nodded his head in heartfelt agreement.

"C'mon JingYu, think about it. If you could have any animal as a pet, other than a cat or dog, what would it be?"

"A hedgehog."

Now it was WeiZhou's turn to be perplexed. JingYu had not hesitated and answered immediately.

"A hedgehog?"

"Or a racoon. Or a squirrel. Oh, or a sea otter. A sea otter would be good too. What?"

"You repost and 'like' posts about extreme sports and bikini models, but you spend more time watching baby animal clips, don't you?"

JingYu averted his eyes.

"That's your fault. You constantly sending me cat videos to watch, and then "suggested videos" popping up all the time."

"Even you can't deny that baby animals are just too cute and precious."

"Yeah. Even baby octopus are cute."

"Baby octopus are yummy."

"Jeez, Zhou! Wait till they grow up before you think about grilling them!"

"Kind of like chickens?"

"Or ducks. Ooo, duck. I haven't had duck in ages. We should order in for supper."

"I want sweet and sour pork. Aaah, baby piglets are so adorable."

They stopped and stared at each other.

"How did we go from talking about baby animals being cute to eating their parents?" Zhou asked.

"Sorry. I'm starting to get hungry."

WeiZhou simply nodded in understanding.

"Think about it, though, JingYu. How awesome would it be to have a whole bunch of different animals around to take care of and play with?"

"I think that's called a zoo, Zhou."

"That's an idea! We should start our own zoo! More of a sanctuary, actually. A hands on kind of zoo, where people can learn about different animals and volunteer to help take care of them. Nothing too exotic, and no endangered species from foreign countries. Maybe some big cats like lions and cheetahs, and definitely some different breeds of bears, but more of the smaller animals that people could get closer to. We could find someplace halfway between Beijing and Shanghai for accessibility. Oh, and if we could find something close to the coast we could even add an aquarium. We could have educational programs about the animals and how to take care of their natural environments and such. And why are you looking at me like you're having dirty thoughts?"

"You're incredibly sexy when you start talking about conservation and protecting wildlife."

"You said the same thing about when I'm composing a song."

"Yeah."

WeiZhou leaned back a bit when JingYu latched onto his hips.

"So, you're saying you find me sexy when I'm deep in thought?"

"Bouncing around in excitement. Relaxing while on your phone. Sleeping. Breathing. All of those too."

JingYu scowled when WeiZhou grabbed his chin in one hand.

"You...are a dog. A complete horndog," WeiZhou said with a grin.

"Woof."

"I thought you were hungry?"

"I am. But the type of appetite changed suddenly."

"I wanna rabbit," WeiZhou said, as though that would distract JingYu.

JingYu suddenly smirked as he pushed WeiZhou towards the sofa.

"I may not be a rabbit, but there's something we can do like rabbits."

"You are an animal," WeiZhou groaned as JingYu pushed him onto the sofa and then trapped WeiZhou under his own body.

"Any kind you want me to be," JingYu offered, peppering kisses to WeiZhou's jaw and neck as he started naming them off. "Rabbit. Bear. Whale. Octopus. Chicken. Duck. Lion. Dog. Whatever."

"Hmm, my very own one man zoo," WeiZhou teased as he pulled JingYu into a blinding kiss that prompted feral growls from both of them.

"You want to know my favorite animal in the whole world?" WeiZhou asked, panting as JingYu's weight pressed heavily against all the right places.

"Hmm? A cat isn't it?"

"Uh-uh. It's cute and cuddly one minute, wild and provocative the next. It's caring and sweet, but also stubborn and protective. It's called a Huang JingYu. And it makes me crazy like a wild animal, but not as much as it makes me love it with everything I am."

JingYu couldn't help it. He purred at what WeiZhou said. He also couldn't help it when he roared, as WeiZhou began petting certain parts of his anatomy.

"I think your tail's wagging."

"That's not my tail, Zhou."

JingYu jumped to his feet and grabbed WeiZhou up, throwing him over his shoulder. WeiZhou laughed as he slapped JingYu's butt with one hand.

"You think I'm wagging? Let's see how much you're wagging when I'm done with you."

"Rabbits! Hedgehogs! Fluffy baby chicks!" WeiZhou yelled from his perch over JingYu's shoulder.

They didn't need pets to love on and take care of, not when they had each other. But they probably could use their own sanctuary, deep in a forest or hidden in a cove by the sea, if only for the privacy. The shouted calls of all the adorable and loveable bundles of fur and feathers quickly receded, replaced by sounds no innocent creature, human or otherwise, should ever be subjected to.

Those animals.