(4x02) 117.

~Not Edited~

Quotes: 

When memories are lost, will you still remember me?

~Unknown.~

Chapter begins:

We were in Stiles' jeep and I was in the backseat with young Derek, who head was on my shoulder and now I know why my marks were red, because he's younger and this isn't the Derek I got with. 

I felt sparks and electrocution shoot up in my arm he was laying his shoulder on. "Are we there yet?" I asked tiredly. 

"Yeah, just a little more." Stiles answered, without thinking I laid my head against young Derek's head that was laying on my shoulder. 

We came to a stop in front of the clinic and I sighed in relief, Scott opened the backseat door taking Derek's arm and putting it over his shoulder before taking him towards the clinic door, I slipped out of the jeep shutting the door behind me. 

I ran up to Scott and Stiles, once we entered the clinic, Deaton quickly cleared the operation table and helped Scott put Derek on the table, I leaned against the wall watching Deaton examine Derek. 

"Wow." Deaton said in shock. 

"Wow? Wow as in, "I've seen this before and I know exactly what to do," kind of wow? 'Cause that's the kind of wow we were hoping for." I swear if Stiles says anything else I will have him by the throat. 

Right now it's time to be serious not be Stiles. "I think you might be overestimating my abilities." I walked over towards Derek, grabbing his hand. 

Slowly letting it go. "He's cold." I told Deaton, looking back down at Derek with worry.

Lydia touched his hand. "Really cold." She added, before letting go. 

"Do you think it's permanent?" Scott asked, making me hope to god it isn't. I can't look at young Derek the way I looked at my Derek. 

Deaton grabbed a tiny flashlight, opening Derek's eyes putting it to them. "I'm not sure a medical diagnosis is even adequate." Deaton looked up at me with a sad look. "This is well beyond my experience." I looked down at Derek running a hand through his hair. 

"So what do we do with him?" Stiles questioned. 

 "Until he wakes up?" Deaton asked, and we nodded our heads. "Probably not much. It might be best to leave him with me." I can't leave him here. "He'll be safe here." He's freezing, it's like touching ice and not letting go. 

"You mean from Kate?" I stopped touching his ice cold hair and looked up at Stiles then Deaton.

"If she's alive and she is what you say she is, she won't be able to walk past that gate." As long as this is the best way to keep him safe then I'm in. 

"Why would she do this to him?" She asked looking over at  Deaton 

"Knowing Kate, it's probably for a reason that won't be any good for anyone but her." I sighed, looking around to see a blanket before grabbing it and putting it on his cold body.