(4x11) A Promise To The Dead.

~Not Edited~

Quotes:

  We live in a world where there is enormous potential for evil.  

~Gerhard Weinberg~

Chapter Begins:

We were in silence, not one movement, just staring into each others eyes. The only thing you could hear is my mom telling me to open the door, but my body didn't want to move after what Derek said, it was like someone froze me. 

I couldn't help it, I slowly sank to the floor grabbing the bedpost as I sobbed. I held onto my stomach as I continued to cry. I felt his appearance next to me and his arms wrapped around me pulling me in. 

I didn't push him away, I continued to cry until I realized I was being pathetic crying for no reason, crying just because he explained, I slowly pulled away he cupped my cheeks. "I-I need time." I whispered, my voice came out raspy. 

He looked down at me with a distressed look, slowly nodding his head and letting go of my cheek before standing up. "I love you." He said before jumping out of the window. 

I stood up with the help of my bed walking towards the door opening it and revealing my mom who looked worried without questioning me she pulled me into a hug as I cried into her shoulder. 

************************

(Layla's Outfit on top)

I hesitantly walked into the loft, I got a call from Scott telling me to go there. I couldn't sleep all night thinking of Derek and the baby, I stepped in to see Derek and Scott talking to one another. I watched Scott put the red duffel bag in front of Derek who was sitting. 

"Okay." Derek simply said, with a shrug. 

Scott raised an eyebrow at him, I'm surprised they didn't see me. "Don't you wanna know why it took so long to return it?" Scott asked him. 

  "How much do you make at the Animal Clinic?" Derek responded with a question. 

Scott sighed. "Minimum wage." He answered. 

"That's why." Derek started. "Everyone can be tempted, Scott. Even a true alpha." He told him not looking angry at all. 

"You're not angry?" Scott asked surprised. 

Derek sighed, I walked in further, crossing my arms. "It's not even his." I made the two look at me. "It belongs to Peter." I told him, looking over at Derek with no expression. 

Scott scrunched up his brows looking at Derek. "Where's your money?" He questioned, Derek looked over at him. 

"You're standing on it." Derek and I say at the same time. 

Scott ignores us and glances down at the ground. "There's another vault?" Scott questioned like a little kid during Christmas making me roll my eyes at him. 

Derek shook his head. "No." He chuckled. "I own the building. And I have my own bank accounts." I felt something in my stomach making me touch it looking down at it confused. "All the money from the vault was Peter's." I looked back up at him. "I think we'd actually be better off if the rest never came back." Scott and I shared a look.