6

Loss, Movement And Suicide: Part 1

~~~

(Your POV)

~~

It's particularly easy to say that no one slept very well after that eventful night, especially with Andrea refusing to move from her place. Everyone had crowded into the RV to sleep that night which was possible only cause of how little of us were left. I stayed outside with Shane and Daryl to keep watch as well as to stay by Andrea's side. I legitimately couldn't sleep anyway. My focus on Andrea didn't waver even when we had random small talk. I didn't try to speak to her, move her or tell her what to do like Shane wanted to. I merely pulled out a blanket I had stored in my bag and placed it over her shoulders to help her through the cold night. She only glanced at me, thanked me through her broken teary eyes and went back to caressing her little sisters face as tears continued to drip down her white skin. I know what it feels like. To lose someone right in front you and know there is nothing you can do.

By the time the sun had come up Andrea had yet to move, not one bit as I was the one who continued to fix the blanket I'd given her. I had sent Shane to go sleep along with the others and told Daryl to sleep as I'd take the first shift of watch. I lied of course, I covered him in a blanket Shane brought out for us once he fell asleep and I never woke him up. Thankfully no more walkers seemed to wonder into camp, so I truly had no need to bother Daryl. Everyone began to wake up inside the RV so I walked off into the woods in search of food as the rampage had made them lose supplies as well. Smelling around I noticed a deer not too far. Quietly, I crept along the trees, following its faint scent, "There you are."

I pulled out my crossbow with an arrow all set and ready to be fired, after yesterday I don't think I need to attract anything with a gun. I crouched a bit to steady my aim. Aim and Fire. I watched as it pierced through its skull and in less than a few seconds the deer dropped dead. I better get back fast before anyone notices.

Getting back was easy, minus the awkward slouch position I was in as I had lugged it back to camp on my back. It wasn't heavy for me, more like deers are awkwardly shaped. Sadly once I got back into the camp it seemed a specific sleeping beauty was no longer asleep. They were now wide awake and currently he was also angry. No one had been angry with me in a while especially for something like this and it confused me, a lot. Where is the thank you for letting you sleep well.

"Y/N! "

I froze in my steps, carefully looking up from my slouched form as my view trailed up a black clad outfit until my e/c eyes met blue-green orbs. If my mask wasnt covering half my face he'd have seen my wide smile, "Daryl, guess what I brought?"

He continued to glare at me as his eyes trailed my form, that was til they focused on the deer that covered my back. "When'd you have time to hunt?"

I rolled my eyes as I continued my way into the camp ignoring his angry face. I was headed for the campfire, "I asked a question first not that it really needs to be answered now."

He seemed to ignore my comment and slowly followed after me instead, "Why'd you not wake me up, what bout takin shifts huh?" I groaned in annoyance; I expected him to confront me about this since he was mad and there was only that but not now. I brought food, isn't the best way to a man's heart his stomach or something? At least enough to shut them up.

"You needed your rest, "I dropped the deer onto the floor Infront of me before pulling out a knife and cleaning it as best as I could with a wet cloth. "All of you needed your rest, so I let you all sleep while I took care of the camp. Easy peasy."