34

The Next Morning

~~~

Photo Cred: Markdraws On DeviantArt

~~

( Your POV )

~~~

To most it was just a couple hours later,to me though,it felt like a fucking eternity as I stared mindlessly at either Carl who was obviously asleep with the slow rise and fall of his chest Or I would be looking out the window watching as the sky slowly got brighter and brighter.At a certain point I heard the family begging to wake up and get ready for the start of the day,it surprised me a bit how they could all wake up so quickly without an alarm but I guessed it was a possible routine at this point.

Well..

They do live on a farm

...

I'm stupid.

I heard Carl groan a bit before feeling his head roll about on my lap,he attempted to shift his body while sleeping but unfortunately the pain woke him right up,"Oww.."He looked all around the room before he remembered his head was laying on my lap,so he looked up and saw me staring at him."I thought you left."

I gave him a small smile,"If I moved you might have woken up."

He closed his eyes again with a smile on his face,"I'm happy you didn't leave."

I smiled at him,the opened my mouth to speak but we both quickly moved our eyes focus to the rooms door at the sound of footsteps. We were met by Herschel as well as Maggie who stood behind him with a curious look.

"We heard voices,I thought Rick was here."

I nodded at him as I felt my muscles suddenly relax,I hadn't paid any mind to it but at the sound of footsteps my entire body had tensed up ready for battle.I hope Carl won't question it,that is if he even noticed. "Rick and Lori are resting with the others outside in the tents,he might already be awake."

"Thank you,"he said this slowly,his eyes never leaving mine,What is he so focused on?

He quickly checked on Carl,though quietly and carefully as Carl has gone back to sleep, before bidding farewell and heading outside over to the others.Still through the window I noticed him look back again at me one more time,almost as if to make sure I was real.

"What the-"

"We have never seen your face." My body stayed looking out the window,though I could easily tell Maggie was focusing on my facial features trying to read my reaction."At least not completely,all we've seen are your e/c eyes and your s/c skin."

I laughed the second I heard her mention my skin color,when I died the pigmentation in my skin,for obvious reasons changed. Even if it was only a bit,to me it was massive. "I have my reasons for covering up."

She stayed silent for a bit,almost as if pondering a question she had that easily rested on the tip of her tongue,but before she could I beat her to it,"No,I don't cover up so people can't recognize me cause I'm part of a bad gang or whatever."

She raised her eyebrow at me,"I - uh I didn't say anythin."

"Your eyes did the first time we met,"She looked away a little awkwardly,I can read people like an open book and to be honest Maggie is easy to read. "Hell when you first saw me you thought I'd kill you all after helping us,at least that what you thought because I hid my appearance."