48

Pretty Much Dead Already

~~~

( Your POV )

~~

"There, that should be good," I muttered as I finished wrapping up his wound again, this time I hope he wont be so reckless. "And this better be the only time I have to fix it Daryl."

Since I had forced him to lay down he struggled to look down at his injury and ended up making me laugh at his poor attempts."What are you laughin about?"

With a small smile I leaned over and helped him sit up and then slowly raised him up to stand on his two feet,"At you of course." He just huffed at my response before lifting up his shirt to see my work, he then looked up at me with a question resting on the tip of his tongue. Without waiting I answered ,"I used to patch people up, though it was more of a side job for me in the military."

He raised an eyebrow at my response but said nothing as he pulled his shirt down ,"Can I ask you somethin?" I furrowed my brows in confusion but none the less I nodded for him to continue. "Do you think Sophia is alive?"

My eyes went wide and I quickly looked away so he wouldn't see my reaction, the problem was he did notice,"Of course I hope she's alive, you found her doll after all, it could lead us to her."

"I said do you think."

Shit.

I sighed slowly as I tried to stop my emotions from acting frantic, just say what you really think Y/N. With that in mind I slowly looked back at him, his expression had changed to one of full anger," I'm worried she isn't alive Daryl, but that doesnt mean I want to stop looking." The anger on his face went away, it seemed he was content with my answer and I quickly calmed down, wait a second... I grabbed the back of his shirt as he had begun to walk away. "Daryl, is that why you opened your wound."

.... this silence says yes-

"No it aint."

Definitely a yes, I sighed ,let go of his shirt and moved my eyes focus to my boots.

Someone must have answered like I did then,maybe even worse, I just sighed and shook my head​​.I gotta wonder who it could have been,maybe Shane?

"Y/N." At my name I looked up from the floor , Daryl had turned to face me, his arms crossed over his chest as he stared at me with a questioning look. I groaned internally, god dammit, what the hell is he gonna ask me about now? " What happened with Sophia when you were in the forest?"

What....

( Shane POV )

"What's it gonna be man?" The sun was starting to go down by the time Rick came out of the white house, if his quick steps towards me weren't enough to tell me that his conversation didn't go well, then his troubled face practically screamed it to me. He stood in front of me, his mouth opening and closing but no words came out, instead he closed his mouth and turned to stand next to me,"Which way does this thing go?"

"I don't know yet.."

He answered quickly, his mind was obviously busy in trying to come up with a solution, I sighed as O turned to look at him,"Well, what did he say?"

"We're negotiating."

"You're nego- "I scoffed in the middle of my sentence, I couldn't finish saying something so stupid,"It doesn't matter, the clock's ticking Rick."