60

Prison Mates

~~~

A/N: Life sucks. Anywho,Enjoy!

~~

( Your POV )

"Those things that attacked us in the prison, is there anything you know about them? Anything at all?" I questioned.

All the prisoners looked at me, and the tallest and biggest answered easily, explaining to us what he had witnessed when this virus had struck the place. "There was a riot that broke out. Never seen anything like it before."

"Attica on speed man."

"Ever heard about dudes going cannibal , dying, and coming back to life? Crazy man."

The group just looked at each other before focusing back on them. "One guard looked out for us though, he locked us up in the cafeteria. Told us to sit tight, threw me this piece and said he'd be right back-"

"Ya, and that was 292 days ago."

"Well 94 according to my calcula-"

"Shut up!"

One of them sighed in annoyance at the guy with the gun and shook his head,"Look, we were thinking that the army or the national guard should be showing up any day by now-"

"There is no army,"Rick stated slowly before looking over at me and I just shrugged. The prisoners asked what he meant and Rick just started shaking his head," there's no government, no hospitals, no police-"

I scratched at the back of my head before raising my hand and cutting Rick off,"Unfortunately I'm your best bet at military right now. All my troops are dead as far as I know, and that was months ago at this point...."

"There nothing left?"

"For real?"

Rick nodded,"Serious."

"What about my moms? My kids? And my old lady?" The man speaking stepped forward with sadness on his face," Yo, one of you got a cellphone or something that we can call our families?"

"You just don't get it do you?" The mention of a phone made me take off my bag and begin to search through it, this only registered with the tallest prisoner who watched me curiously. "No phones, no computers. As far as we can see half the population has been wiped out."

I pulled out a metal rectangle that was way bigger than my hand and I opened it up,"hey you." I pointed at the one that asked about his family and he looked up right as I tossed the box at him. "Wanna get in contact with your family, that right there is your best bet. Military issue connection with generators that have back up power around the country. I didn't think it would still work."

He rushed over to me with it in his hand , thanking me before trying to get it to work as he sat on the table next to me. "There ain't no way your right."

Rick just sighed and pointed at the prisons exit with his gun,"See for yourself."

All the prisoners walked outside, with Rick and Daryl following behind them. I went as well with the man on the phone beside me continuously dialing numbers without any responses. I don't know why that thing still works...a part of the military must still be alive. But where? The second we walked out I noticed all the dead bodies on the floor,I forgot there were more than the ones I killed first.

"Damn the sun feels great!"

"Good lord their all dead."

"I never thought I'd be happy to see all of these fences."