41

The Secret In the Barn

~~~

Photo Cred: Robbertopoli in DeviantArt

~~

A/N: Vote on Quotev for Character Deaths! Link at bottom 

~~

( Maggie POV )

I had rushed the two out of the barn, I watched Glenn climb down before I quickly joined him until we both stood on the ground again.His eyes were still wide as they flickered between the barn and me,"Maggie why are you hiding walkers?!"

I opened my mouth to speak when I realized that the only one standing with me was Glenn,my eyes instantly shot back to the barn before I quickly made my way back up to find Y/N just standing in place and staring into the dark barn."Y/N?"

She didn't move or respond so I walked in front of her to see her eyes staring into the darkness in fear.I waved my hand in front if her only to receive no reaction, I heard her sniff the air before her eyes widened, This is the first time I've seen her like this ,thinking it had to do with the walkers I grabbed onto her hand before beggining to drag her back down to where Glenn was waiting for us both.Now all together again I opened my mouth to try and explain what was going on when Y/N suddenly turned around and began to walk away.Glenn watched her in confusion before reaching out to grab her arm.My eyes widened as I watched her smack his hand away without even turning to look at him.Clearing his throat, Glenn spoke,"Y/N ,"nothing,"wait,"she's ignoring him,but who? What happened,she....she was fine a few seconds ago? Glenn still tried to get her attention with a final question,"what's wrong?"

She paused her steps,the slightest movement of her head as she barely even glanced back at us before Y/N continued to walk away, once more.Her steps are unsteady,"Goodnight."

I watched as Glenn followed after her, trying to know what happened but in the end she just pushed him away causing him to fall on the floor.Glenn finally gave up as we both watched her walk out to the center of the field before sitting down by herself.

Y/N....

I glanced back at the barn, all the walkers inside had seemed to calm down by now and were now all quiet,"I know she's seen and fought these things before,I saw it first hand,so what was it that she was suddenly so scared of?"

( Carl POV )

It was morning again, and I was finally able to get out of that boring room and leave that bed,I wasn't in pain anymore,but it does feel really weird whenever I bend down to reach something. As I thought this I just so happened to bend down and grab more food for the baby chickens...erm, chicks? That's what baby chickens are called right? I looked over at my mom to see her flinging food at them as well before looking at the ground.If I ask her she might just laugh at me...dammit. I looked back at my mom,she still carried that face of worry,"Don't look so worried."

She didn't even waste a second before responding,"It's my job."

"No it's not,"I said with a small tilt of my head,"You're a housewife."

This caused her to instantly look at my standing form with an open mouth and surprised eyes, she scoffed before digging her hand into the bag she held and tossing the chicks food at my face,"Oh yeah, punk? You see my house around here?" Although I didn't completely get why she become annoyed with what I said I was happy to see that worried look completely disappear off her face. "A housewife,"she muttered before shaking her head.