30

Cherokee Rose : 4

~~~

Photo Cred: Natsuyume On DeviantArt

~~

( Your POV )

~~~

Hmmm....My eyes flickered up to maggies back before casting themselves downwards to my hand gloved hands. The strange feeling of the large bandage over my palm had me opening and closing my fist every few seconds. It was uncomfortable but then again...Bandaids have always been pretty uncomfortable,guess I just forgot about it huh?

My eyes made their way back up to Maggies form,should I try to start a conversation? No that'd be fucking weird,just cause she doesn't hate me anymore,at least I think,doesn't mean we're friends....I mentally slapped myself,maybe me becoming the living dead was a good thing.Human interaction,not my best ability.

"So Maggie,"I heard her humm in response,God my question is stupid and I already know the answer but,"why are we headed to the back?"

With my question she stopped walking and looked back at me with a small tilt of her head,instead of speaking she held up the list Lori had handed us."This,"she pointed at a couple things,"should all be found back here cause of what they do,usually theyd be given by workers."

"Ok,"she gave me a small nod with a smile before continuing forward.Well gee I suck at small talk,then again she did hate my guts until a few hours ago.I groaned internally,I'm awkward so why'd I try?

I shrugged to myself as I watched her go around the back,picking things up every now and then while I read the the list out loud to her.It only took a couple of minutes,"alright,I think thats about it."

We both heard something hit the floor,probabaly Glenn,but seeing as we were mostly done grabbing things we both decided to head back towards him just to make sure.As we headed back to the front of the store my nose suddenly caught the whiff of something,Thats weird,why didnt I smell it before?

Taking a few more steps forward the scent became stronger but I didn't see anything.

Is there a walker in here? I'm pretty sure I cant just be smelling myself.

My ear twitched at a sudden movement,it was barely noticable.

Without thinking I reached forward and clutched Maggie's hand ,this got her attention as I pulled her against me,the suddeness of my actions had made her to drop the bag she was holding."What's wrong?"

"Ther-," I pushed her onto the floor as the walker that had been hidden the entire time raced forward towards Maggie. Where the hell did it come from?With her on the floor in shock I pulled out my knife and blocked it's path to Maggie,it still came towards us though with me in front the walker was beginning to lose her scent.

"Y/N,"she grabbed hold of my hand, this small action attracted the walker and made it crash into me,I fell back having not been balanced.

"Dammit Maggie!" I complained while wrapping my hands around the walkers neck in an attempt to get it away from Maggie,who I was now unfortunately on top of. It kept trying to bite at her through me,I am not letting myself get exposed cause of this shit. I felt its teeth lightly scratch at my neck,nothing can happen to ne of course but that doesnt mean it didnt piss me off.Fuck you! I slipped my hands to the walkers chest and with half my strength I pushed him away easily slamming him into a wall facing opposite of us.