7

Loss,Movement & Suicide : Part 2

~~~

( Your POV)

~~

I had gone to keep Jim company for a while, choosing to sit in front of him in case he wanted to talk. It was a few minutes of us just sitting in the nice weather as I was waiting for any type of reaction. When I received nothing in response I spoke instead, "How are ya feeling?"

Jim only looked up at me before muttering the exact same words he had been saying for the past few minutes, "I'm ok."

I sighed before patting his shoulder in comfort and walking over to the rest of the group, they were all huddled together planning on what to do with the infected Jim. Not that there really were many options to begin with. "I say we put a pickaxe in his head and the dead girls, we be done with it."

I scoffed at Daryl's answer, thankfully I didn't have to speak up as Shane did in my place, "Is that what you'd want, if it were you?"

"Yah," he said it as if it were obvious which only ticked off Shane," I'd thank you while ya did it."

I could have slammed my hand to my forehead cause of how blunt and stupid his answer was, but then again what do I expect from Daryl. From what I'd seen of him and his brother, it was pretty in line with the way they acted. Suddenly Dale commented something I didn't expect as he seemed like a peaceful grandpa type, "I'd hate to say it as I never imagined I would to something like this but I gotta agree with Daryl."

Rick didn't even glance at Dale though the disgust was evident in his face, instead he went back to protect Jims shortened life, "Jim isn't a monster Dale , or some rabid dog. We are not doing this."

"Look I was just sayin-."

"He's Sick, Sick!"

"Hey! Look man, we think down roadway, and we draw the line." 

They were definitely not coming to an agreement any time soon.

Daryl didn't give up he stood strong on his idea,"I think the lines pretty clear! Zero tolerance for walkers." I couldn't help but freeze and take a few footsteps back and away from Daryl. It wasn't a surprise to hear him or any of them say it...if only they knew. If I had a fully working heart it'd be hurting right now. I knew it very well, if they ever found out..Id..I'd be killed without remorse. "Won't be too long till the girl comes back either."

"Look, how about this," Rick had everyones attention and began to speak again ,"what if we can get him help." At this I felt my ears perk up like a dogs, I'd been alone and without any radio connection for a while so as far as I knew everything had been shut down...unless, "I heard the CDC talking about a cure."

The CDC? I thought they all died..

"Me too, "wait is Shane actually saying something hopeful for once, "I heard a lot of things but that's before everything went to hell." Never mind, I spoke too soon and that is also more in line with what I can mostly remember.

"What if the CDC's still up and running, it could be our only chance." Rick, the man who never fails to find some hope to everything. It honestly helped the group though.

"See, that in itself is a stretch right there-"

"Why? Government facility, huge thick-walled structure, the government would protect the CDC at all costs and man," he motioned to the camp that was still laying in partial disaster after last nights events," I think it's our best shot."