22

New Plans & New Problems : Part 1

~~~

( Your POV )

~~

Well gee,that's a first,I felt myself smirk underneath my mask as I stared at everyone who seemed to be doing something of importance,this is the first time I have never been shot or aimed at.Only for a few moments I noticed Shane look up in his questionably curosity,possibly sensing my presense,and he met my eyes.He just stared,his eyes unblinking before he turned away to continue with his miscellaneous task,Strange man.I went back to my previous thoughts as I headed towards them,I know I shouldn't get used to not being aimed at as a walker but I kinda like it.I laughed silently as I noticed two semi familiar heads continuously looking over at me,one of them I recognized as Glenn so I sent him a slight wave.Not even a second later I noticed a smile stretch across his face as he waved back,cute.

I was still far from their spots but not even half way across the land I began to smell open flesh,with this I stopped my footsteps and began to sniff the air.

Ive always wondered if I look like a dog when I do this?

Maybe just a bit.

I closed my eyes and angled my nose up towards the sky for a better chance of tracing the smell,my brows furrowed as the scent began to become faint.What the hell?

I opened my eyes to search the area for any sign of a walker,but there was truly none,there was also no where for one to hide.Unless,my eyes slowly circled the farm seeing the different small barn structures,could there possibly be one hidden there?

I changed my direction and began to make my way to the structure,it was quite aways from my current position but it didnt take a trained eye to see that the front of the barn was locked.Why would the family have it locked,even if there were walkers in there why wouldnt they just ,kill them?

Maybe - "Hey Y/N!"

I turned around to see Glenn waving me over,this got Ricks attention and he suddenly pointed at me while speaking to Maggie and Hershel.He better not be telling them that I'll help them with something.I shuttered as I remembered the blonde woman trying to get me to do maiden work as well as forcing me to wear that frilly apron,I aint helping that household.

"I'll have to explore later then,"I muttered to myself as I began to jog over to them,with my hurried pace I made it across the field and to the group in no time.So close, I thought as I felt a hand grip onto mine pulling me back before I reached Glenns crouched form.

I recognize this hand,I sighed before turning my head to the side to see Shane avoiding eye contact,his hand didn't let go though."What do you want?"

His fingers seemed to twitch at my annoyed tone before tightening around my hand,"Where the hell were you huh?"

I let out a sarcastic laugh that caused him to turn and look at me,his eyes met my glaring ones,"See,that right there is none of your buisiness."

"Why were you heading over there,"I was confused until he used his head to point in the direction of the locked barn.

Instead of twisting the top portion of my body to face the barn I turned around completely,this thankfully made Shane release his hold on me."I-,"I paused questioning if I should tell him my thoughts,in the end I decided there was nothing worse that could happen between us."I dont trust it."