63

Danger Inside and Out

~~~

A/N: Sorry, I chose to focus on school that honestly was a mistake. I failed and my GPA has gone to crap. Sorry for having not updated in so long.

Sorry if this chapters confusing, it's a whole episode. so I added "prison" and "town" in place

~~

( Your POV )

"prison"

As Carl slowly drifted to sleep he was startled awake by the cell block door opening, in turn he snapped his eyes opened and turned quickly causing him to roll off my lap. "Carl!" I reached forward grabbing onto his waist with my arms but in the end we both rolled down the few steps , I held his head against my chest with my arms protecting his head,until my back hit the cement floor. The only good thing , I'm used to falling down stairs. Carl was plastered on top of me with wide eyes as I let go of my hold on his head.

"Y/N are you ok!?"

Lori and Beth who'd just walked in ,causing this ,rushed over to us as I lifted my head off the floor,"Y/N you're bleeding."

Carl jumped off of me, wanting to check the floor to see if it were true or not. I craned my neck behind me to see the floor, a small splat of blood sat there,"Oh that's just walker blood, I got some stuck on my hood when I was outside."

They all pushed out a breath of relief at my natural lie, thinking of natural lies reminds me of how my psychological test went before they allowed me into the military. Point blank: the psychiatrist warned against the idea of even having me in the same room as a gun. I laughed internally as I remembered that woman, she scared way to easily for being someone in the military. "Oh look what we got Carl."

I turned my body to see that Lori had a pair of crutches for Dale, with Beth enthusiastic now that her dad was awake and looking colorful in his face again. They really thought he would die,and I understood why. The shock and pain knocked him out for so long,and with him bleeding out his face had gone colorless. Everyone expected to wake up the next morning with him as a munching walker,and thankfully he didn't. "Let's all go give em to him, I'm sure he wants out of that bed by now."

They nodded at me,smiling , before helping me stand up and heading toward the cell Herhsel sat in. With his rosy cheeks back amd light in his eyes ,I smiled at him as I came into his view."I'm glad your ok, but I'm sorry for not being there to protect you."

He shook his head at me before smiling softly, like a father would to their child," You done more than you know , protecting us to get in and out. We're the ones who left you behind."

No I left you guys behind to find my old life.

"Thanks."

Lori handed him the crutches while Beth helped him stand up on his one leg, then they both released their hold on it but he quickly lost balance. I reached forward and held his body still as he adjusted his hold on the crutches. "Maybe you should sit down for a bit more."

He shook his head,"I think I've had enough if this bunk bed to be honest."

"Don't worry ,I wont let you fall," I mumbled loud enough for only him to hear and he gave me another grateful smile. Every step he took, he would feel unstable and place a hand against my back to balance himself before continuing. This wouldn't have happened if I had stayed with them, but there were too many walkers as well..