46

Rick Finally Finds Out

~~

(Glenns' POV)

~~

"I'm sorry! I'm-! It-It just came out!" I brought my arms up in defense, in case Lori decided to hit me for opening my big mouth. I groaned internally as she got even closer to me. 'Fuck-Fuck-Fuck-Fuck-Fuck!' I looked behind Lori to see that Y/N had appeared, accompanied by Carl, who was hanging off of her back.

'Ahh! Y/N, help me!'

She looked over at me and Lori, but the second her eyes met my pleading ones, Carl grabbed her attention again. 'Fuck Carl! Can you stop hogging Y/N?!' Knowing I was on my own, I looked back to Lori. "And it was Dale, I couldn't not tell hi-...?" I stopped talking as I saw her shaking her head. 'Is she not... Mad...? I'm not dying today...?'

She sighed. "Look, it's okay. I never should have put you in that position. I understand that kinda secret is hard to keep." My eyes looked a bit passed her to see if Y/N was still around. 'Just in case I need to run and hide behind someone...' I stayed silent as Lori began to talk again, this time her eyes were focused on the floor. "I've been thinking about what you said, about needing help-... a-and you're right. I-... I do."

I nodded at her. I was excited! She was gonna get herself some help! "Yeah, yeah! Name it, and I'll help."

"If-... if you're still willing to make a run into town for me..." She finally looked up to see my reaction to her request. I saw the worry in her eyes quickly diminish, not disappear though, as the smile on my face comforted her.

I nodded again with an even wider smile."Of course, I'm you're man. Just say what I'm gonna be looking for."

She didn't respond. She stood still for a moment before she leaned forward and pulled me into a hug, her arms quickly coming around me. "Thank you..." I was confused by her reaction, but non the less, I hugged her back and she seemed to relax a bit more. I heard her sigh as I patted her back.

"It's okay, it's not a big deal-... Really." She quickly pulled away and looked at me with a grim smile. She began to walk away, but I stopped her for a moment. "Ahh, wait, Lori?" She stopped and turned back to look at me. "Is Y/N allowed to come along with me or-?"

She made a worried face, but nodded. "If she wants to go, then yes."

I gave a small wave as she walked away slowly, as I stared at her retreating figure I thought about what she could possibly want this time, maybe Y/N could tell me if I asked, she is a girl too so maybe she'd know what Lori wants? I shifted my eyes to the ground, I should probably go ask Y/N if she wants come with me. Also Maggie, I'm gonna need the horse again and she knows the route to get there. I raised my hand to scratch at my neck only for it to be stopped midway by someones body. Huh?

I quickly looked up to see Y/N standing there with a raised eyebrow, I looked back at my hand to see that it got stopped by her chest, Oh shit, I quickly pulled my hand back to my side as I felt my face go completely red with embarrassment. When I finally looked back at her face obvious amusement began to fill her eyes and I noticed she was slightly smirking at me, Wait where's her mask? "Well ignoring that now, how'd it go with Lori big mouth?"

My eyes widened,"Wait-how did you, but..."

She let out a small laugh before answering," Did you forget my background already Glenn? Listening in to your surroundings is one of the most useful attributes to have." I let my head fall forward to avoid looking at her face," Basically I heard someone that wasn't you, and that wasn't me, confront Lori as passively as possible. From what Ive seen , only Dale is that passive and kind."