59

Into The Prison I Once Called Home

~~

Photo is your new outfit,all of it is black I just colored it differently so you could see it. You choose scarf & undershirt color

~~~

( Your POV )

This was either unlucky or just a huge coincidence that the place Rick had led the group to was a prison I was once placed in. Even though I was barely here for a month waiting on my trial they locked me up out of fear, if I remember correctly they even forced me into solitary confinement because I got into a fight with other prisoners...

I sighed as I stared at the prison in the darkness of the morning, everyone else was asleep. Including Daryl who had slowly gone from my shoulder, to my chest and then finally landing on my lap as he fell asleep without realizing it. After having left the group my strange moments of sleeping and dreaming stopped completely, every now and then though I did have voices ring through my mind as my memories came and went as they pleased. I wonder if anyone inside the prison is still alive?

I felt Daryl move on my lap causing me to look down and see him slowly roll over, "Well don't you look comfortable."

"I am."

I laughed at his response and settled my gloved hands in his hair, running my fingers through his short brown locks to detangle it," Been awake long?" To this he shook his head, which looked confusing and odd as he laid down before mumbling a 'No' and completely opening his eyes to look at me. "You slept fast last night."

He sat up slowly and reached out to grab his crossbow ,"Was s'posed to keep watch."

I rolled my eyes at this,"Don't worry, I kept watch all night. It seemed like you all needed a nice peaceful rest for once. So I let you all fall asleep, even Rick did when I told him I'd keep watch. That man's head hit the floor for one second and boom- he was out like a light." He nodded his head at me before looking at the sky to see the sun slowly making it's way up through the early morning," Does Rick plan on going inside?"

He didn't turn to face me, only shrugged,"Maybe."

"Well, if he does I'll at least be useful again." He raised an eyebrow at me, and I just gave a closed eye smile," I'll tell you once Rick tells me we're going into the prison."

"Hn."

I wonder how they'll take me saying "this use to be my home for like, a month- I think"

....hmm..

probably not well.

Maybe I just won't tell them.

( Rick POV )

I slowly opened my eyes to see a black figure digging though some of the bags before going back to a fire that was a bit away from the group. I was ready to call out and ask what was happening when the smell of food began to come from their direction. I pushed myself up into a seated position as my eyes adjusted to the scene, the sun begging to brighten up the scenery. "Y/N?"

The figure stopped moving and looked over at me before motioning me over, I made my way over and finally got a good look of Y/N 'cooking'. Her big coat and scarf were off leaving her in a f/c long sleeve shirt and a black leather vest. Though she still had her bag on her back as well as her gloves. "Slept well?"

I nodded quietly and sat down beside her, looking around I noticed Daryl awake watching our surroundings again like a guard dog. "You've been awake all night, you should sleep."