65

Hounded

~~

A/N: Sorry for having taken long,blame me being a dummy at school but I do want to ask. Any of you good at Math:statistics & probability?

~~~

( Your POV )

I had tried to find Carol over night, but with the stench of so many cut open walkers the only thing I kept finding was alive walkers stumbling through the halls. Walkers scent covered the hallways, and eventually I gave up on finding Carol. By the time I found a different trail, most likely Rick's, it was morning and light was beginning to peek through the few wall openings. Seeing some of the blood spill on the walls I could tell Rick was still on his rampage and I ought to be careful. With a sigh I walked through the hallways leading up to the room where Lori-

"Where are you?"

I froze at the sound of his voice, before looking around in confusion. That's Rick right? I began to take slow steps forward again toward who I assumed was Rick.

"You could be 1,000 miles away."

I stopped again, getting a clearer listen to the voice. Okayy, definitely Rick. But who the fuck could he be talking to?

"Are-are you someplace safe? Why is it so safe there?"

Oh god has he gone mad...is-is he talking to a corpse???

"I have a son. And-and a newborn baby." Do I kill him if he's crazy now, I don't know what to do. I shook my head and leaned against the door. "I'm with a good group of people. Would you be willing-could you take in others? We can pull our weight. We'll help you!"

I slowly pushed the door open, managing to not make a sound. I then peered inside the room but I couldn't see him. Did I hear wrong? Maybe it just echoed-

"Put them on,let me make a case! Please,please don't--don't go! Just please, we're good people here. We just need some help and we can help you!"

I eventually looked somewhere else and found him leaning against a wall, his hand holding a telephone,"Please you don't understand. We're dying...." He stayed silent for a bit before saying it again,"We're dying here."

His face ,which showed desperation, slammed down the phone before becoming emotionless, just like mine. I didn't know what to say so i just stood there watching him until he finally looked in my direction. His eyes lit up the tiniest bit before stumbling over in my direction. I just stayed still, watching him look like a drunk as he got closer to me. Once at arms length he gripped my shoulders and focused on me,"There is a safe place...somewhere." My eyes flickered behind him towards the phone, I didn't know if to believe he'd actually been talking to someone or if it was his imagination. "Help me save the group, please."

I could only nod, and with that he pulled me into a hug and stayed silent. I could feel him shaking a bit and I understood he was crying again. I had a small want to see his face, to see what a father looks like when he's breaking down because of his families safety. It'd be much better than remembering a shocked face, tears only coming out because of pain from a knife....

"Let's..get back to the others. You're daughter is waiting for her father."

He pulled away, his face still blank but he seemed okay now. And I knew that was as good as it was gonna get.

~~

"Y/N you're back-"

It was Glenns voice I heard first, but he suddenly went silent as Rick walked in behind me and even passed me. Everyone in the room stopped what they were doing,those who were only half awake were now wide awake at the mere sight of him. I stayed by the cell blocks door as he looked at everyone.